Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

How long will Sunak last

Beyond 2024

• Total voters
I don't think he'll make it to the 2024 GE. This Tory Party seem hellbent on self destruction and this will be no exception. Espeecially if he doesn't keep the likes of Baker et al happy regards Europe or the Backbenchers who orchestrated Boris and Truss' downfalls and who will be wearing him like Sooty, Sweep and Sue.

I do hope his eventual fall from grace is a hard one, and that it hurts.

IDGAF - They're all useless for the country in general.

The party has lost me as a life long supporter.

I'll vote for the best local Independent unless there's a Reform person standing, they'll get it.

One of the richest men in the UK telling the proles how tough it is for him to embark on an austerity drive but we're all in it together.

The optics will be not quite as bad a Truss cutting public spending to make >£250k earners a bit richer.

He'll be a disaster, not due to competence, but his public image.

He'll also lose votes inevitably due the loss roughly 10% of hard-core racists who the Tories tend to hoover up at election time

Surely the new leader has to be selected by the parliamentary Conservative Party first, and after several rounds of voting by Conservative MPs, the grass roots party in every constituency gets to have the final say. How long was it between Boris Johnson resigning and Liz Truss being selected?

Lame duck leadership is not the way forward.

Before 2024.

It is quite amusing seeing those Tory MPs who have been serial rebels suddenly calling for unity now that Sunak looks like getting the job.

The party is done, and it is all self-inflicted. Oafs.

Surely the new leader has to be selected by the parliamentary Conservative Party first, and after several rounds of voting by Conservative MPs, the grass roots party in every constituency gets to have the final say. How long was it between Boris Johnson resigning and Liz Truss being selected?

Lame duck leadership is not the way forward.

Unless Penny Mordaunt gets 100 votes tomorrow Sunak will be the only candidate. So no voting by Conservative members.

IMO he's screwed. And, unfortunately, so is the Conservative party.

I think he'll be good on the economy, but he has no charisma. None. He may be a competent administrator though I can't imagine he will ever win over the core Conservative voters who he needs to stay in power. The way he got to the office will also go against him in the minds of the public who, despite frequent aberrations, prefer fair play.

Can you imagine the lack of interest at the next GE when he and Starmer are relentlessly boring us all to death with their limp characters and weak arguments?

I may even vote Reform too, if they have a candidate in my neck of the woods. Maybe I should do what many people have told me and go into politics after all. My country needs me!

Where's the mythical strong leader that is supposed to be generated in bad times?

The whole charade is an embarrassment.

Unless Penny Mordaunt gets 100 votes tomorrow Sunak will be the only candidate. So no voting by Conservative members.

IMO he's screwed. And, unfortunately, so is the Conservative party.
"It's not the votes that count, but who is counting the votes!"
Uncle Stalin

The 1922 Nazi Committee brought in the new rule of100 nominations purely to block Boris as they did not think he would reach that. They want Sunak and will manipulate things to get him in.

Of course, after a while the 1922 Nazi committee will redo the rules yet again and get rid of Sunak. Brady is the de facto leader of the Conservative Party!

I listened to that on Saturday and she just kept kept twisting what he said until she got what she wanted. Very unpleasant indeed. A masterclass in sly dissembling and sophistry. She was so smug about it that she replayed the whole call again on Sunday afternoon.
Perhaps we heard different calls...