How long to join RMR?

Discussion in 'Royal Navy' started by baron411, Nov 26, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, I'd be really grateful if anyone could help me with the following issue.

I today went to Portsmouth to join the Royal Marines Reserve (RMR). They were really friendly and helpful and gave me a load of bumf and forms to drop back to the Guildford office. The person I spoke to though was slightly unsure of how quickly I could undertake my PRMC. He said I could have the initial fitness test (treadmill run etc) around christmas time (6 weeks from now) but that the PRMC might be around Jan 2012. That doesn't sound right to me. I asked him if he meant Jan 2011 but he said no, and that there is no summer intake.

Does anyone know if this is the case? If so do I have any options other than to wait for Jan 2012?

Also, when can one join a holding group for the phys, at what stage of the process?

Many thanks in advanced. Also, if anyone is in the same boat re RMR London/Portsmouth and fancies smashing out some runs/phys before hand then let me know.
  2. Try NavyNet - there's 3 possible Forums that would help: Newbies, The Corps and a dedicated RMR one. Link top right of this page.
  3. Thanks very much Alfie, cheers mate.