how long to get in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im in process of joining RAF, started application on 15th dec, been told should be on TG(basic) august if lucky, thinking of changing to army How long does it roughly take to get in ?

IMMACHEAD said:
Im in process of joining RAF, started application on 15th dec, been told should be on TG(basic) august if lucky, thinking of changing to army How long does it roughly take to get in ?
You won't. We don't like 'sloppy seconds'.

i started my application for army in october i have pre-adsc on 19th feb...an if i pass that i`ll be on the next selection course. then theres around 1-2 month wait for basic to start so i heard. so yeh your looking at 6 months. end of the day you dont moan about the ammount of time you have to wait...you suck it up and hit the roads/gym as much as possible before hand...so when you come to basic and people are blowing out there arse because they were slackers and didnt train after passing selection you`ll run by them smiling.

Well i started my application process on the 22nd Jan and passed my BARB today.
Got my fitness on the 20th Jan, so less than a month for a date for ADSC, if they give it to you after your fitness test, so its going really quick for me, the only thing slowing me down is my medical :x

I might just be one of the lucky ones :p

Greg

heres a quick summary of my app so far

2nd jan - 1st chat

10th jan - application form given in, medical forms given in to dr

2nd feb - interviews

25th feb - selection date

I passed selection on the 28th jan, I got offered a place to start training at pirbright on 22nd june... joining the Royal Artillery. It's a fair old wait, i tried to change to infantry and that was chockablock aswell.

Big_Bazza said:
I passed selection on the 28th jan, I got offered a place to start training at pirbright on 22nd june... joining the Royal Artillery. It's a fair old wait, i tried to change to infantry and that was chockablock aswell.
have you signed your army contract yet and taken the oath ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads