Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how long till adsc from interview

jclawl

Clanker
I had to wait 4 months but thats not the norm just other issues involved but seems the average around the unit here seems to be 1-2 months depending on whether you can attend on a weekday or if it has to be weekends.

Socksey

Clanker
interview last june.... original ADSC was supposed to be in Sept but it got put back to mid October as there were no other females booked for that midweek one and then had to wait for a weekend slot...

jclawl

Clanker
Interview 3 - October ADSC January but cancelled and rebooked for Personal reasons so actually attended in February - attested end of March and TSC(A) June (weekends)

jclawl

Clanker
its actually only one interview but know as interview 3, inbetween this and being able to book ADSC I had to change and take on British Nationality hence the delay - i assumed due to my family situation I could just apply for a British passport but no such luck so a bargain at £850 odd later finally getting there

Socksey

Clanker
Again depends on your availability and whether you do the Alpha as a series of weekends or a two week block....
After ADSC there may be other hurdles.... I did mine in October then there were medical forms and Capita kept losing my docs so finally attested in May and doing the Alpha and Bravo together in August....

jclawl

Clanker
I've booked the weekends under the stupid assumption (based on everything i've been told) that it would be 1 weekend on one off but found out yesterday that I have 1 weekend then a break for 4 weeks before the next, and frustratingly this now clashes with something i have prebooked and paid for so I'll now have to miss the last weekend and then resit both 5 and 6 again but I will check with Capita once I've attended the first weekend to see if there is any way around this.

jclawl

Clanker
I'll have to see but that could be an Idea, I've spoken to my recruiting team here and they are going to check into alternative dates so will just see how it all goes.

keegea

Swinger
Just been told by my sponsoring regiment that theres now a new policy in place for those who successfully passed interview 3 and are waiting on an ADSC date. They can now issue some kit, and i can now attend some training nights. These will be unpaid, but not bothered about that. All helps to keep things flowing.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

sup rec

LE
Book Reviewer
Im like a kid waiting for christmas right now haha cant wait to get started, what usually happens at interview? why does it take 2 hours? Do I need to research the 3 roles I put down on the application? Ive decided I want to do a role that I didnt list and Im dead set on doing that role now will that be a problem? I cant even remember what I choose now come to think of it

The interview should take 45 mins to a hour. A lot of it depends on the applicant and whether they give answers or if the interviewer has to coax the answers out.

Impossible to say how long it'll be between Interview and AC. If you started your application after March this year, you will be sent an RG Medical Declaration which is completed by your GP and sent directly to the AC you'll eventually be going to.

ACs have a target turnaround time of 2 weeks to review an RGMD, and then it is a matter for the the Load to Training Team (LTT) at NRC to book you onto a selection event at that AC.

I've got candidates who have passed their RGMD and are looking at going to an AC in around 5 weeks' time. However, that's a weekend selection event, so if you can manage mid-week, the LTT should be able to get you in sooner.

Also, AC(P) is busier than the rest, so you can always ask your CSM post Interview to be booked into one of the other 3.

Bear in mind, if there are any issues arising out of your RGMD, there will be a massive delay in getting further information requested and reviewed.