How long must you serve?

If I don't like it, in Recruit Training how long must I stay in, mu cousin told me that if you really don't like the early mornings, food and marching stuff that you can ask your Corporal if you can go at anytime. Is that right?

P

PrinceAlbert

The-Goose said:
Leaving I mean can you just say I dont want to do it no more - and then go?
As previously stated - I'm unsure of the timeframes involved.

The-Goose said:
Leaving I mean can you just say I dont want to do it no more - and then go?
Speak to you AFCO

As PrinceAlbert suggested, If you are having doubts already then, maybe wait a while until you are sure its for you. Speak to someone at the Armed Forces Careers Office and they can explain the process in greater detail, but generally in the first six weeks (if you are over 18) you can request to discharge, you get slightly longer if you are under 18 if I recall correctly. Good Luck.

i was told that when you ask to leave they will ask you for a good reason why, then it will normally take up to 14days before arrangements are made for you to leave, to try and give you a little time to get properly ajusted and time to reconsider :D

In all honestyy, if it isn't for you. You could say you have a drugs problem and you are suffering from withdrawal and feel like you're about to snap. No way will they let you continue training if they think you're an addict. Better than saying "I don't like it and want to go home" and having to wait while they f'uck about processing your discharge papers and trying to convince you to stay.

Nails. said:
In all honestyy, if it isn't for you. You could say you have a drugs problem and you are suffering from withdrawal and feel like you're about to snap. No way will they let you continue training if they think you're an addict. Better than saying "I don't like it and want to go home" and having to wait while they f'uck about processing your discharge papers and trying to convince you to stay.
What sort of advice is that feck off and die you oxygen thief

P

PrinceAlbert

Nails. said:
Then maybe, a year or 2 down the line when you feel that you're ready to give the Army another go......oh......you can't, because you fed them some bullsh1t drugs excuse to get out the 1st time, and your name is marked as a smack head, and a liar, because you'd have said that you didn't take drugs prior to signing on the dotted line.

Nails......you're a spanker.

The-Goose said:
If I don't like it, in Recruit Training how long must I stay in, mu cousin told me that if you really don't like the early mornings, food and marching stuff that you can ask your Corporal if you can go at anytime. Is that right?
12 weeks. After that your committed to your 4 years. Unless your a boy which means you can DAOR up until your 18th birthday, even in battalion. By the sounds of it your heart aint in it. Dont cook your goose :wink: Go be a plumber.

Nails. said:

Nails can you not find something useful to do with your time instead of wsting bandwidth here. Like making yourself a butt plug out of C4 or something like that.

You can leave up to the 3 month point, however you must stay for the first 28 days though regardless (that was what I was told when I took my oath last Thursday.)

The-Goose said:
Why do you want to know this already?

If you are having doubts, pull out now. Saves the cost of starting to train you and frees your space for someone else.

If you are having "thoughts", talk to your Uncle Choccy, promise I wont laugh.

EVERYONE has a moment of pangs in the run up to Basic. "Will I be good enough, will I like it, will I make it".

Then you turn up, and life becomes blurry, with intermittant pain. Until finally on Pass Off you feel 10ft tall and you know you're better than EVERYBODY who has never tried. You'll look back in a few months and realise you can't even name those who quit, and barely remember civvie "mates" (note NOT your civvie friends).

By all means ask at the AFCO re when you can leave, but then put it to the back of your mind.

Remember that that fcuktard russell sharpe managed to swing the lead and get out AFTER the timelimit. But then again he was just a spineless cnut who thought the Oath of Allegiance was some sort of joke, and him sh1tting on it would be a good punchline.

Thanks Choccy, good advice. I like the fitness thing and can easily run amile in under 5 minutes at my track, without weight. I recently went for a long walk in the hills near Breckon and think that I did about 15 miles in about 3 and a half hours. I was carrying my dads old (really old he calls it an A Frame) backpack thing with about 20 bricks in it. It was really heavy but I managed OK. I don't think that strength tests will worry me as I train in my local gym by the athletics club and am used to bench pressing some big bars. I guess it is just the whole uniform thing that really worries me. The recruiting bloke saifd that I could join Intelligence or Engineers with my A levels but I thought I might just stay in the Infantry, I shoot alot on my Uncles land in scotland and have shot a stag at about 500 metres once.

Latest Threads