How long: Joining Process?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by darmy, Apr 14, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi.

I'm currently filling out my application to be an ARMY officer. How long does the joining process take (i.e. from now until I get to RMAS)

Thank you very much :)

2. So you've decided to apply without knowing what to expect?

You I think will be an ideal officer.

(RLC?)

3. It varies on when you can fit in pre-AOSB, AOSB, PCCBC and when there will be spaces at RMAS. Speak to your recruiter, and they'll be able to give you a better steer.

4. a) You have several hurdles to get over before you become a life form lower then snot (aka an Office Cadet)
    b) Sandhurst is frequently fully subscribed in advance, so you may have a while to wait before a space becomes available
    c) BUT sometimes there are bad results from Welbeck and that can cause sudden vacancies to appear at very short notice

5. Thank you very much Timble and ScaleyDave

6. It is so long since I went through that process any advice I gave would be woefully out of date, but, for what its worth, from me walking into a recruiting office and saying "I want to be a General" to enetering RMAS was about 8 months all told.

That was initial interview, secondary interview, medical, visit to Blandford to get Corps Sponsorship (think that was called "Familiarisation Visit" but thats vague now), RCB @ Westbury... I was due to go on my SMC (dont think they are called that anymore) in the Summer, but it was brought forwards to January to fill in for Wellbeckains doing exam resits (or thats what we were told anyway)

7. I started the process in October 2011 and I'm starting Sandhurst in May. That was with a three month delay from briefing. Timing were first visit to recruitment office in October 2011, briefing at recruitment office by ACA in November 2011, Interview with ACA in January 2012, Briefing in May 2012, Main Board in November 2012, PCCBC in March 2013 and Sandhurst in May 2013.

8. Thank you very much guys. I appreciate it :)

9. What mob you after joining?

Good luck!