How long is the medical 'valid' for?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Suwit, Nov 10, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Basically, i passed my medical about a year ago and put my application on hold, will it still be ok or will i need to do another medical all over again??

2. i would think the medical might need to be re-done since you stopped your application process to join up.

although i am curious why that would be of concern to you unless your no longer in the same fit state

3. The medical lasts for 12 months, that goes from 12 months from initial RG8 Accepted or if you have been to ADSC 12 months from your actual medical. You need to have a valid RG8 to attend ADSC so if its around a year since you withdrew then your ACIO will have to give you a new RG8 and restart the whole procedure.Edited to add if you pass ADSC and not allocated a place in phase 1 to start in that first 12 months then once allocated within that 12-24 month period after you will have to go back to ADSC for a one day PER (Medical and fitness)

4. thanks, nothing with my health has changed and i didnt even get to the 1st interview just personally thigns put the application on hold. looks like i need another medical!!!

5. this happened to me, i had to go back up to ADSC Glencourse for the medical checks and to do the 1.5 mile run again. i was only there for the day so it wan't to bad.

6. My medical lasted 12 months (had to redo it when I attended ADSC again) but the ACIO paperwork lasts 24months (BARB, math / literacy tests etc) or at least mine did.