How Long for the Kings of Leon??

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Hootch, Aug 2, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC News - Kings of Leon cancel US tour amid 'problems'

BBC - Newsbeat - Kings Of Leon pull out of US gig after 'band problems'

I saw this band in Hyde Park in June and must say I was struck by how flat they were - not really a band, More four blokes playing different instruments on stage. It was also obvious that Caleb was seriously hungover ( he drinks tequila) from the night before.

If this bands survives - never but a ticket for the second night!

I have predicted Caleb for the Dead Pool 2011, but it being they are taking a break, I may have to re-forecast to 2012 and I predict choking on his own vomit.

Bands today - no stamina: Ozzy Osbourne, Keith Moon ....... all is forgiven.

Moved so Forastero can relax

2. Surprised you noticed the difference, can't tell what he's singing/saying anyway. Apart from "your sex is on fire" but I only recall that because of the Michael McIntyre gag.

3. Bloody shame their music doesn't translate to a live band. Got their last two albums and have to admit I've enjoyed 80% of the songs on each, which is quite a record for me. Did see a docu about them and it occurred to me that they were partying a bit too hard and their live concerts suffered the consequences, thus a load of poor feedback from people who have seen them live. I'm sure the docu stated that Caleb gets nervous about live performances so alcohol is the nerve-settler. As for band problems, not sure if it's just drink-related or more relation-related!

4. Never saw what the fuss was about, there's nothing about them or their music that sets them apart from a million other "soft rock" bands that fade into the background.