How Long for the Kings of Leon??

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Hootch, Aug 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC News - Kings of Leon cancel US tour amid 'problems'

BBC - Newsbeat - Kings Of Leon pull out of US gig after 'band problems'

I saw this band in Hyde Park in June and must say I was struck by how flat they were - not really a band, More four blokes playing different instruments on stage. It was also obvious that Caleb was seriously hungover ( he drinks tequila) from the night before.

If this bands survives - never but a ticket for the second night!

I have predicted Caleb for the Dead Pool 2011, but it being they are taking a break, I may have to re-forecast to 2012 and I predict choking on his own vomit.

Bands today - no stamina: Ozzy Osbourne, Keith Moon ....... all is forgiven.

2. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

And this is in current affairs because?

3. How old is Caleb, close to 27?And to answer my own question ... Caleb Followill (b. January 14, 1982).So he's made it past 27, well done him. :)

4. It happened today and is currently the most viewed story on the BBC

5. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

But it still has sod all to do with Current Affairs and Geo-Political analysis.

6. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

From Wikipedia (because I'm at work and I don't have the time to type a definition out for you).

Current Affairs is a genre of broadcast journalism where the emphasis is on detailed analysis and discussion of news stories that have recently occurred or are ongoing at the time of broadcast.

This differs from regular news broadcasts that emphasizes on news reports presented for simple presentation as soon as possible, often with a minimum of analysis. It is also different from the news magazine show format in that the events are discussed immediately.

The UK's Office of Communications defines it as "explanation and analysis of current events and issues, including material dealing with political or industrial controversy or with public policy"[1] and distinguishes it from the coverage of news, coverage of special events like parliamentary proceedings, and the coverage of consumer affairs, among other exceptions. The BBC cites Panorama as its flagship current affairs programme, with BBC One programmes such as Real Story, BBC Scotland Investigates, Spotlight, Week In Week Out, and Inside Out also fitting the definition.[2]

In summary, not for discussions about Kings of Leon then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.