How long for a mil hire car speeding ticket to come through?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by devexwarrior, Jul 24, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Got a bit careless a couple of weeeks ago and might have got zapped-no excuse and I'll take the fine/points as they come-but how long should I wait before i breath easy?

2. Could be a few weeks yet - if the car was hired then the fine will go to whoever hired the vehicle ie Bde Tpt Office or Regt Tpt Office. They then have to check through the tpt demands to see who hired the vehicle and forward the fine to the driver / driver's unit.

3. I may be wrong so you will have to check on this but hasnt a speeding offence got to be served on you within 14 days of the offence??

4. It goes to the registered keeper, they then have as long as they like.

5. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

The Registered Keeper (presumably the hire coy)will be asked who was driving. They will tell them it was on hire to the MOD.
    MOD will then be asked the driver & will tell them Devexwarrior.
    Then Devexwarrior will get his ticket in the post.
    Will take a more than couple of weeks to work it's way through the system.

6. Thanks for the pointers-I'll wait out.

7. UK or abroad?

8. UK-just south of Monmouth-I was parallel to a Lorry-don't know how these things work or how they lock on. Checking my dates it was 3 weeks ago tomorrow.

9. Was it a gatso or hand held camera? Gatso may not have been loaded with film.

10. It took 16 weeks for one of my lads to come through the system.

11. It was one of the vans parked in a layby

12. Just how parrell, did the van have a good LOS on you? You might be alright, request the photograph, if it doesn't show you OR your vehical completely and with good enough resolution, then don't take the fine.

13. Devex,
    A bit of advice for you, say the worst comes true and you get a fine/points, pay the fine with a cheque. Make the payment for a small sum larger than the figure requested (£30 fine make the cheque out for £31). Dvla will then send you a cheque for £1 refund, TEAR UP this cheque and put in the bin. I have it on good authority you will never receive the points as they are only issued once the financial transaction is completed!!!

14. nice one Centurian, like it like it

15. You did the crime and owned up to it, pay the fine if it comes through and forget about it. I think the majority of the ruses yuo hear about are urbamn myths.