How long for a mil hire car speeding ticket to come through?

Got a bit careless a couple of weeeks ago and might have got zapped-no excuse and I'll take the fine/points as they come-but how long should I wait before i breath easy?

Could be a few weeks yet - if the car was hired then the fine will go to whoever hired the vehicle ie Bde Tpt Office or Regt Tpt Office. They then have to check through the tpt demands to see who hired the vehicle and forward the fine to the driver / driver's unit.

I may be wrong so you will have to check on this but hasnt a speeding offence got to be served on you within 14 days of the offence??

oldbaldy

LE
The Registered Keeper (presumably the hire coy)will be asked who was driving. They will tell them it was on hire to the MOD.
MOD will then be asked the driver & will tell them Devexwarrior.
Then Devexwarrior will get his ticket in the post.
Will take a more than couple of weeks to work it's way through the system.

Outstanding said:
UK or abroad?
UK-just south of Monmouth-I was parallel to a Lorry-don't know how these things work or how they lock on. Checking my dates it was 3 weeks ago tomorrow.

It took 16 weeks for one of my lads to come through the system.

Just how parrell, did the van have a good LOS on you? You might be alright, request the photograph, if it doesn't show you OR your vehical completely and with good enough resolution, then don't take the fine.

Devex,
A bit of advice for you, say the worst comes true and you get a fine/points, pay the fine with a cheque. Make the payment for a small sum larger than the figure requested (£30 fine make the cheque out for £31). Dvla will then send you a cheque for £1 refund, TEAR UP this cheque and put in the bin. I have it on good authority you will never receive the points as they are only issued once the financial transaction is completed!!!

jobsworth said:
Devex,
A bit of advice for you, say the worst comes true and you get a fine/points, pay the fine with a cheque. Make the payment for a small sum larger than the figure requested (£30 fine make the cheque out for £31). Dvla will then send you a cheque for £1 refund, TEAR UP this cheque and put in the bin. I have it on good authority you will never receive the points as they are only issued once the financial transaction is completed!!!
nice one Centurian, like it like it

craftsmanx said:
You did the crime and owned up to it, pay the fine if it comes through and forget about it. I think the majority of the ruses yuo hear about are urbamn myths.
Not quite so, I have the dubious pleasure of driving approx 50k miles per year and have been zapped twice. Feb and April of this year. On both occasions my own fault in not adhering to speed limits.
On both fixed penalty notices arriving I requested the picture and calibration dates of equipment, confirmation of the officer/ civilian's authority to operate the equipment. Also a copy of the original pic used to identify the car.
Both times I have had the cases dropped. Once due to the expiration of the calibration on the unit, and lastly due to no picture supporting the evidence.
It's always worth making plod work for it.

fastmedic

fastmedic said:
Not quite so, I have the dubious pleasure of driving approx 50k miles per year and have been zapped twice. Feb and April of this year. On both occasions my own fault in not adhering to speed limits.
On both fixed penalty notices arriving I requested the picture and calibration dates of equipment, confirmation of the officer/ civilian's authority to operate the equipment. Also a copy of the original pic used to identify the car.
Both times I have had the cases dropped. Once due to the expiration of the calibration on the unit, and lastly due to no picture supporting the evidence.
It's always worth making plod work for it.

fastmedic
In my case, i drive a similar amount to you FM, and i got caught twice within my 6-point, 2-year probabtion period, and as a result, faced losing my license. I requested the documentation, the calibration sheet was NOT signed in one of the cases, but this was thrown out in court.

As a result, i had my license revoked, resulting in me having to take both tests again, spending an immense amount of my personal money in keepin me going, and having a seriously tough time with my civvy job. (Being a roaming engineer who can't drive is not very useful, apparently).

In short, i have most definitley learnt my lesson, and am know known (Amongst other things) as Speed-Limit Steve due the fact that i will never creep above the limit, on any stretch of road.

Latest Threads