How long does the attestation bonus take?

charleyroo

Swinger
Evening chaps,

I signed some paperwork for my attestation bonus in January (could be earlier but I can't remember)

It still hasn't been paid, all my unit says is 'we put it on the system' just wondering how long you've waited between attesting and getting it - I attested in October

Having said that I haven't been paid yet for Alpha weekends in January so I'm not holding out a lot of hope....

C

dogrob

Swinger
I attested last May and have still yet to receive it. All I will say is don't hold your breath although 2 chaps that got attested in the last month got there's already. One thing I have learned since joining is that it's all a bit of a lottery on who gets what and when, that goes for kit, pay etc etc.

I'm enjoying my time in the reserves but it can be quite frustrating if you let it get to you.

charleyroo

Swinger
Thanks, I do agree sometimes things can be a bit hit and miss.

As I'm in a national unit a lot is done via post and I can see how that can hold things up, in the local units I've visited things get done on the night.

Suppose it will be a nice surprise when I get it but il just have to forget about it for now :)

C

dogrob

Swinger
Best way mate, I think if I started pursuing everything then it could get a bit frustrating so tend to just get on with it and when it comes it will be a treat.

westyboy

Swinger
Personally, I would (and have) kicked things quite quickly up the chain and have had things resolved. I'm lucky to be part of a unit that has excellent Officers/SNCO's that will help with this kind of stuff, specifically Phase1/2 bonuses which would have gone the same way as the above.

Your PSAO and RAO are regular personnel paid to do a job - I personally wouldn't accept things like missing paperwork/didn't process in time be a reasonable excuse not to receive allowances you are entitled to.

muso2015

Swinger
I attested in March, not received my attestation bonus yet (or any pay), though have now been set up on JPA. Apparently the admin people missed the cutoff for April, so I'll get paid in May. I got a payslip for April saying £0 though. Cheeky.

charleyroo

Swinger
How have you got your April payslip already lol! (Or do you mean your March one?) I never seem to get it on the gateway til 'payday'

charleyroo

Swinger
Personally, I would (and have) kicked things quite quickly up the chain and have had things resolved. I'm lucky to be part of a unit that has excellent Officers/SNCO's that will help with this kind of stuff, specifically Phase1/2 bonuses which would have gone the same way as the above.

Your PSAO and RAO are regular personnel paid to do a job - I personally wouldn't accept things like missing paperwork/didn't process in time be a reasonable excuse not to receive allowances you are entitled to.
Alas, I am too passive! Been toying with transferring units cos some of this stuff can be a bit frustrating. However I do genuinely like the people in my unit and the general atmosphere so I'm struggling to choose what to do.

muso2015

Swinger
How have you got your April payslip already lol! (Or do you mean your March one?) I never seem to get it on the gateway til 'payday'
I may well mean March? You get paid the beginning of the month, yes? If so, I got that payslip at the beginning of April, so yeah it would be for March's pay (durrrr, it's been a long weekend..)

muso2015

Swinger
My unit are awful with admin. Still not been issued with a MOD90, or any kit even though I have got Alpha training in a few weeks and the NRC have said how important it is to have everything with me otherwise I will be RTU'd.

charleyroo

Swinger
Don't worry I didn't have an MoD90, just explain at the guardroom when you arrive and take some photo id

The kit is probably an issue mind!!

muso2015

Swinger
Don't worry I didn't have an MoD90, just explain at the guardroom when you arrive and take some photo id

The kit is probably an issue mind!!
Ha! I know. Going to try and sort it out this week or next. I have given in measurements but not sure where it has got to...
Have you done Alpha then? If so, consolidated or weekends and what was it like?

westyboy

Swinger
Alas, I am too passive! Been toying with transferring units cos some of this stuff can be a bit frustrating. However I do genuinely like the people in my unit and the general atmosphere so I'm struggling to choose what to do.
my experience of the reserves (limited to my unit) is that if you are suffering with an issue with pay, there will be several (or lots) of you in the same situation.

If you all focus your frustrations to the correct person in your unit it will be resolved quickly, if payments etc are being delayed then there is clearly issues in the unit that need resolving, by raising it as an issue it will highlight this fact.

As previously stated, we are lucky in my unit to have some excellent officer's/SNCO's who have helped resolve, but it relies on the individual to flag.

charleyroo

Swinger
Ha! I know. Going to try and sort it out this week or next. I have given in measurements but not sure where it has got to...
Have you done Alpha then? If so, consolidated or weekends and what was it like?
I did the 4 weekend consolidated. We were one of the first platoons to go through it.

It was great, a good experience, I found it challenging cos I'm short and generally not the fittest in the platoon (aside from being a girl) I also struggled with weapons handling cos I don't have drill nights so couldn't reinforce the learning as well as I'd have liked in between weekends. So that's my advice, try and practice at drill nights to embed what you're learning.

muso2015

Swinger
I did the 4 weekend consolidated. We were one of the first platoons to go through it.

It was great, a good experience, I found it challenging cos I'm short and generally not the fittest in the platoon (aside from being a girl) I also struggled with weapons handling cos I don't have drill nights so couldn't reinforce the learning as well as I'd have liked in between weekends. So that's my advice, try and practice at drill nights to embed what you're learning.
Ah right, I'm going on the 7 day consolidated one in a few weeks time. I also don't have drill nights, so probably the 7 days will be better for me. What fitness did you do out of interest?

feygan

Swinger
Ah right, I'm going on the 7 day consolidated one in a few weeks time. I also don't have drill nights, so probably the 7 days will be better for me. What fitness did you do out of interest?
Alpha fitness is as demanding as eating buns while driving in the rain and trying to get classic FM to fk off the tuner. The course is far too short and the DS staff do not have the time to **** about getting folks fitness up to standard if it is lacking. As far as actual PT goes the 4 weekend course works as follows.

Week 1: Do your run at best effort, come in at ADSC times and you will be allowed to carry on alpha. Quick can carry to see if you can do it, and depending on time they might get in some bag lifts too, but it seemed more about checking to see if you understand how to lift correctly. Also a Sunday stroll of a squad run at a very easy pace of 4 miles in 36 mins.

Week 2: You get some strength work, which will likely just be outdoor (depending on weather) circuits. End of the day circuits are circuits you can biff off on them and be a limp wrist for your time or bust your balls and get some benefit from the session, but there is again no target they just want to see effort. Sunday stroll of an introduction to tabbing, infantry 10kg total pack all others 6kg and 3 miles total distance.

Week 3: Another squad run again nothing hard they just want to see that you have gone home and worked on your fitness. Sunday stroll of 3 miles again with a little more load and slightly faster pace.

Week 4: You get your tests so you get your 3 mile tab in 45 minutes, not a race it's a squad tab so you will take 45 minutes no matter how fit/unfit you are. 25kg infantry, 15kg all others (includes weapon). Then they want your can carry and lifts again.

The phys part is pitiful but I think it is all down to time, if you consider a PT session of two hours. In that time they have to give you a short lecture, get your warm up done, get the PT done, then stretch off and get back and showered. The staff just do not have the luxury of running you round all day to improve, that is all down to you to do either between weekends, or before you arrive if consolodated.

Latest Threads