How long does the application process take

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably the most commonly raised point I know, but How long does the recruitment process take, from calling the careers office, to phase one. I know the time varies depending on how good, and how fast you work it, aswell as the careers office does also. But from experience, or as an average, does anyone know how long it takes?

Probably the most commonly raised point I know, but How long does the recruitment process take, from calling the careers office, to phase one. I know the time varies depending on how good, and how fast you work it, aswell as the careers office does also. But from experience, or as an average, does anyone know how long it takes?
Kind of answered your own question.

Yeh I know, but it would be nice to be given some form of time scale to that. Its like what is the length of a piece of string... Twice the length from the middle. But what if the middle is either 1cm or 2km...

Yes, but only to information Gather, I have not started on the application process of yet, although I plan to start it later this week.

Well I picked up an application form about a month ago. Only handed it in on the Friday just gone. It took so long because I had to gather my GCSE results in paper form so had to ring around.

Went in Friday. Booked BARB test for Tuesday (tomorrow). I believe it could take 6 months to a year. It largely depends on what you want to do and the vacancies they have for that role.

This link is really good: Army Jobs - The Joining Process | Facebook

If you're interested in becoming a Soldier and joining the British Army, these are the steps you need to take:

1 - Research: Look at the Army website where you can access a vast quantity of information about all aspects of the Army. After completing some on-line research, please either complete the online application form, available at https://www.army.mod.uk/apply. After you have completed the online application form you will be contacted within 2 weeks and asked to visit a local Army Careers Office to continue the process. Or you can visit your local Army careers office to apply.

Step 2 – Careers Office: Army careers office staff will then retrieve your online application details and assist you further within the application process. When you first visit the Army careers office you can chat informally with soldiers about your options, ask questions and gain further information without having to commit to joining and you are able to withdraw your application at any time. If you like what you hear you can then proceed and book an Army entrance test known as BARB.

Step 3 - Entrance Tests: The British Army Recruit Battery (BARB) test is a touch screen, multiple choice test which assess your trainability potential, not your intelligence. Your test score, along with any academic qualifications, will define what jobs you may be able to do and are best suited to. Your adviser will then arrange a time with you to discuss these career options in more detail. Recruitment tests - British Army Website

Step 4 - Fitness Assessments:Pre-Soldier Selection is a fitness assessment set up by your local Army Careers Office. You must have completed this before you can be recommended to attend Army Selection at an Army Development & Selection Centre (ADSC). The pre-selection tests will be based around the same tests you do at an ADSC selection centre.

Step 5 - Recruiter Interview: Your initial job interview will be conducted by a serving soldier, known as an Army Careers Advisor. This interview is all about you, your achievements, interests and fitness, and why you want to join the Army. The Interview is a two-way process, it can help you decide if Army life is right for you and it also gives an Army Careers Advisor the chance to confirm your suitability.

Step 6 - Confirmatory Interview: Once you're ready for the next stage, a senior Army Careers Advisor (Recruiter) will tell you about the selection process and what you're expected to do. The Senior Recruiter will make the decision as to whether you are ready to proceed to Soldier Selection for final assessments.

Step 7 - ADSC Soldier Selection: Soldier Selection is conducted over a 36-hour period at an Army Development & Selection Centre (ADSC). During this process an applicant will undergo a full medical examination and a number of fitness assessments. Applicants will also be assessed on their overall performance. You are graded on your team tasks, communication skills, gym lesson, ice breaker and your ability to follow basic instructions.

Step 8 - Job Offer: During your final employment interview at Soldier Selection, an Army Development Selection Officer will inform you if you have passed and formally offer you employment.

Step 9 - Job Acceptance: After you have left ADSC you will need to contact your recruiter within 14 days, to accept the job offer. You will then be ready to be given a training place. This date will depend on vacancies and the grade you obtained during the selection process - it may be a few months before a place becomes available.

Step 10 - Your Contract: Your Army Careers Adviser is there to answer every question you and your family may have. If you're under the age of 18 you'll need the permission of your parents or guardians to join. You will not join the Army and sign your contract until the first day of soldier training. After this you are committed under your contact or discharge options.

Further details on the joining process can be found at Join as a Regular soldier - British Army Website.

You have to start the application process just after birth, the really necky ******* apply for their kids before they are born. They apply for a male and female place - they then just bin whichever one doesn't apply*. This allows sufficient time for pre- basic training by the parents and guarantees you a place by the age of 17 3/4.

*after the scan to confirm pregnancy and number of babies, obviously.

When I was speaking to sgt at ACIO he said shortest he has ever got someone in is 5 months and longest he has personally heard of is 2 years (WTF!)

But I'm at same stage as you mate but fingers crossed I'm hoping to get in by September

When I start basic in July it will have taken a year but I did have a 3 month delay in the middle (not my fault)and have waited 4 months for a job opening

When I start basic in July it will have taken a year but I did have a 3 month delay in the middle (not my fault)and have waited 4 months for a job opening
What was your delay for? I'm going to have a short delay due to I had stretched ears when I was a younger lad so I have to get them sown up before I go so il be delayed by a month before go ADSC. But I got surgery booked in for 2 June got to shell out £600!

Tanter:4372197 said:
What cap badge you going for and what was the delay?
The delay was due to the fact that I'm married and they wanted to know how my wife was going to pay the rent while I was in training, told them that she is moving back in with her parents but this had to be signed of by a woman somewhere (a civilian) and my recruitment Sgt didn't really bother to Chase it up ( poor bloke didn't want the job, the Army put him there till he got medically discharged as he was injured in Afghan so no bad feelings ) joining the RE as a CS3,

What job are you going for Tanter? That would help greatly in giving you an estimate. Oh wait...no it wouldn't because you haven't been cleared medically fit, you haven't been to a pre-adsc session nor passed the barb and literacy tests. You also haven't been to selection yet which means you won't have a grade. Also, if you are going for a trade, there may be no allocation spaces available which would make giving you an estimated wait time impossible. Just for shits and giggles, I'd say between 2 months and 2 years from now. At this stage of your process, thats about the best you can hope for.

Really should save this reply for the next time someone asks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads