How long does it take????????

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by army_uk1, May 31, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi Guys,

I first applied to the TA May last year had medical with a doc in Preston, got the ok from her, but as I had childhood athsma which was only related to hayfever which I do not have now, iI have to go and have a lung funtionality test, which would be done in Scotland. Does anyone know how long its likely to take as im a bit of an eager beaver. Its not like i want to join the infantary I want to join the Int Corps.

Many Thanks

2. i had exactly the same thing, i had childhood asthma triggered off by hayfever as well. I did my lung functionality test at Pirbright on my ADSC and it only took about 15 minutes and they told me i was good to go right away
  3. is this the spiro test?
  4. mine was on an exercise bike and i had to breathe into a bag, cant remember what it was called now as it was almost a year ago now
  5. HMMMMM interesting as im joining the TA i dont know what the hold up is!
  6. You've been waiting 12 months for it to be processed?

That's a bit of a wait isn't it.

I'd try and see what the deal was if I were you, if that is the only thing that's holding you up. I would have thought a lung function test, which can be done in under 30 minutes from start to finish, would see you right.
  7. yep i've got that this month also
  8. Im going to ring COY hq tomorrow