How long does it take to leave?

Forastero

LE
At the point of pulling the pin but have no idea how long is takes to actually get out. I realise that it's technically a year but if I found a job (I may well have) could I get out in three months say? Appreciate it's bit of a 'how long is a piece of string question' but just wondering how others have got on.

At the point of pulling the pin but have no idea how long is takes to actually get out. I realise that it's technically a year but if I found a job (I may well have) could I get out in three months say? Appreciate it's bit of a 'how long is a piece of string question' but just wondering how others have got on.
If you want to go before your official time, your CO and glasgow has to agree. Normally they are ok... (But they are under no obligation what so ever to let you go early)
Depending on your length of service, some people build up and carry over leave (again with permission) so they can **** off early and get two wages. Although you are technically to ask permisin to work in leave time unless it's termination.
You will lose all resettlement entitlements if you go early. So use whatever you can first.

If your CoC are prepared to put themselves out a bit for you it can be amazingly quick. We had a guy who picked up an immediate job offer when he was on his resettlement course with months left to do before his actual discharge date. Our BHQ and Glasgow managed to smash all the paperwork for him and have him discharged in a little over a week.

Aren't you just a cadet instructor and in the Salvation Army in your spare time? Surely you can just walk away!

Forastero

LE
Cheers chaps, some hope then of not having to mark time which would be tedious.

You may want to leave and have told your CO you want to leave in writing. CO however may be of the opinion you don't really want to leave and think it is not in your best interests, however they have said they will take you through the leaving process and even given you a date which due to none agreement of a settlement package agreeable to all concerned will have to be postponed at least once. Even then you might have to put it in writing once again that you want to....Hang on. sorry wrong thread.

The clincher may be whether your CoC is willing to wear the gap of you leaving early. Certainly RN "business rules" arevthat the CoC can let you go fairly short order, but they'll be the ones carrying the gap until the end of your years' notice...

Forastero

LE
Does anyone know offhand what the entitlements are? I’m aware of CTW but that’s about it.

Does anyone know offhand what the entitlements are? I’m aware of CTW but that’s about it.
Some of it depends on your length of service.

Looks like 35 working days of resettlement leave for those in excess of 6 years service.
I don't think it is. I got 7 weeks at my 22 year point. I'm sure it's lower the less time that you do.