How long does compo last?

A colleague of mine from the ACF gave me a big bag of compo a while back so for dinner tonight I had chicken with dumping followed by treacle sponge pudding. It was absolutely delicious.

Then I realised it was dated 2008.

Am I going to die?

I've already alerted the Western Justice Patrol to your filthy crime of handling stolen goods.

Oh, and compo lasts for fucking ages. I turned my nose up at a box dated "9/98" the other day though.

Well I have been issued some that was 10 years old before so I think you will be OK.

T

Tinman74

I've already alerted the Western Justice Patrol to your filthy crime of handling stolen goods.

Oh, and compo lasts for fucking ages. I turned my nose up at a box dated "9/98" the other day though.
Why? was it chicken sausage and beans, chocolate pudding? Or was it one of the older varieties missing a hotdog?

Why? was it chicken sausage and beans, chocolate pudding? Or was it one of the older varieties missing a hotdog?
I only turned it down because of its age. I should have risked it really, it had corned beef hash in it and I always loved that!

Thanks to the Falklands conflict the "Compo mountain" from the 60s got used up.
Tinned food lasts a dogs age, you big girl.

T

Tinman74

I only turned it down because of its age. I should have risked it really, it had corned beef hash in it and I always loved that!
You Sir are a wasteful cunt, CORNED BEEF HASH...... it was like winning the lottery when you discovered you had that!!!

Thanks for the input everyone. I'm actually well aware that compo will outlast even the cockroaches and the insects. My question was in fact a cunning plan to generate some common sense (in the naafi ffs!) about the subject so that Mrs M stops whining at me about it!

And if any one finds a rice pudding I will give you a tenner for it, that stuff was like gold dust.

By the way, just for the benefit of the Internet Police, I was given it because of some ridiculous PC elfin safety claptrap about giving out of date food to kids.

Latest Threads