How long does compo last?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by ex_mudmechanic, Apr 12, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A colleague of mine from the ACF gave me a big bag of compo a while back so for dinner tonight I had chicken with dumping followed by treacle sponge pudding. It was absolutely delicious.

Then I realised it was dated 2008.

Am I going to die?

2. It lasts at least a century, you girl.

• Like Like x 3
  3. I've already alerted the Western Justice Patrol to your filthy crime of handling stolen goods.

Oh, and compo lasts for fucking ages. I turned my nose up at a box dated "9/98" the other day though.

4. Well I have been issued some that was 10 years old before so I think you will be OK.

5. Why? was it chicken sausage and beans, chocolate pudding? Or was it one of the older varieties missing a hotdog?

6. I only turned it down because of its age. I should have risked it really, it had corned beef hash in it and I always loved that!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks to the Falklands conflict the "Compo mountain" from the 60s got used up.
    Tinned food lasts a dogs age, you big girl.

8. You Sir are a wasteful cunt, CORNED BEEF HASH...... it was like winning the lottery when you discovered you had that!!!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Yes! But it won't be because you ate contraband compo.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yeah that or the beef stew & dumplings.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thanks for the input everyone. I'm actually well aware that compo will outlast even the cockroaches and the insects. My question was in fact a cunning plan to generate some common sense (in the naafi ffs!) about the subject so that Mrs M stops whining at me about it!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Not as long as them Arabic Rolo's.

• Like Like x 2
  13. 'Tis true, that camel gonad preserve works wonders.

14. You must be even older than me. It's boil in the bag now.

• Like Like x 1
  15. mmm green furry arabic rolos...