How long does AFCO keep you on the system for?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by machie, Nov 6, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Basically, I got deffered on Jan'11 through my medical, as wrist needed time to heal until August'11. I sat my Barb test sometime around last Nov/Dec and I got an appointment tomorrow, do you know if I'll need to re-do my Barb etc or should it all still be on the system?

thanks

2. Chances are you'll have to resit... but why worry. You know what to expect, and you may do better than last time.

3. I dont really mind re-sitting it, I had 66 last time, I'm not sure if thats good or if it needs to be improved. I was just wondering because if it's still on the system it would save a little time lol

4. As far as I'm aware, the BARB is only valid for 6 months so you're probably gona have to re-take it. I'm happy to be corrected though.

5. Barbs valid for 2 years im afraid, still a good enough score. You'll probably have to redo the medical and the maths and English though

6. no problem I'll find out tomorrow for definite, thanks all.

7. The_IRON may comment in the morning. He's a recruiter so he'll know but I'm almost certain that BARB scores are only valid for 6 months.

8. BARB lasts for 12 months so I suspect you will need to retake, Basic Skills if still on record shouldn't need re-doing but up to your recruiter as they may get you to red0 as it could get you vital points on your final IDST score if you weren't at level 2 for them both. You will more than likely be given a new RG8 aswell as only lasts a year and seeing were nearing 2012 I wouldrestart all. as for Records on TRHJ they stay for years and even if it was over 6-7 years ago since you went through they would still trace you had a record and be able to transfer from other areas.

9. My recruiter said it stayed on the sytem with other persec for 18 months

10. I went down yesterday, it was still on the system (12 months) but I needed to re-do it as it's close to December and it'll run out during the process I presume.