How long do you wear your combats?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Yeah_Innit_Blud, Feb 12, 2011.

1. 1-3 days

20 vote(s)
  2. 3-5 days

35 vote(s)
  3. 1-2 weeks

17 vote(s)
  4. Wash?

12 vote(s)

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Before washing them, in day to day usage around camp? I can't be the only grot here.
  2. I don't.

10 characters blah blah
  3. On Sundays
  4. Thing is, I'd never wear my civvy clothes half as long as I do combats. Okay, maybe my jeans.
  5. Per Spike Milligan, 32".

(When asked how long he was in the Army, Milligan replied: 5'11")
  6. Wore mine for 4 weeks in germany on Crusader FTX,they were minging.......
  7. I can see you are in the Infantry, deduced by the lack of thinking in your poll. It should have been

How long do you wear your combats before you wash them ?

What is the option wash ? does this mean you just wash them all the time ?
  8. No, you fucking spunk trumpet. If I have to even explain...
  9. Rule of thumb. If you roll them in to a ball and throw them at a wall and they stick = its time to wash, if they don't = result another week out of them
  10. Well I just clicked on the wash option to see what would happen seems 10.34% of us have OCD and never wear their combats but take them out of the cupboard then wash them
  11. Ah can see the question mark now :) where is the option for I work in the clothing store and just swap them for a new pair :)
  12. A true pair of combats should be 10% material 65% starch 12.5% piss & spilt tea 12.5% spunk and fag ash. HTH.:)
  13. My combats on tour went so long without washing the grease made them look constantly damp.
  14. I once wore a set of cams until the elbows were waterproof, it took one week.
  15. The real question is how often do you iron your combats? Now I commissioned in August 2009 into my beloved Corps of Royal Engineers, So it's been a year and a half for me!