How long do you think we will be in afghanistan for?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by specle, Feb 8, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm just wondering on your personal opinions on this subject as i have heard the government wants to be out within 2 years? i dont know how true that is, but to me it seems VERY unlikely!

Also what do you think the consequences of pulling out too early are?

cheers Rob H.

2. 1 year 3 months 18 days 14 hours 45 minutes and going by my clock.... 23 seconds.

Hope this helps.

Why?

3. well i didnt think you would be that specific... i was thinking more on the lines of either long or short and look at my edit of that post.

im just interested, one of my mates got hit by an IED the other week and it's something that's been on my mind.

4. Your not a journo then?

5. Dont let it be on your mind, your not out there, so wait and see what happens, simple.

Although I must admit, a big part of me is wanting to shout Journo.

6. Is that a serious question? start basic pirbright 19th april.

7. Any withdrawal is highly unlikely before Obama stands for re-election,as he will be accused of being soft on terrorism by the Republicans.

It will probably be at least 3-4 years before the Afghan army stand any chance of holding the line by themselves.

8. 20 years, as it will take that long to change a generation worth of people and get them to see the light.

9. thank you le_addeur_noir for your input, i was thinking along a simila time line myself. but what do you think would happen if we gave up n pulled out too early? do you think there would be increased chances of bombs goin off over here?

10. JOURNO

Edit

Or troll, sorry I gave you a chance, and you are just not kosha (spelling aside) nobody is this stupid.

11. "Also what do you think the consequences of pulling out too early are?"

No cream pie action.

12. haha davy i was thinking that when i read over it!!! no baby too hopefully!

gren whats your problem lmao? journo? as in jounalist?

13. Well the other three times we were there went from 1842 until 1947, I know we wern't in the whole country but we had troops along the border for all that time

14. Half past three

15. all the old timers with their sarcastic comments as predicted! i suppose iv got this to come sometime through my life though so im just gonna sit back n take it.