How long do CRB checks take, do Glasgow work over the Christmas period ?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by teawhitetwosugers, Jan 27, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As the title sugguests.. anyone experienced a prolonged wait to get there results?
    I know a letter of confirmation is sent too ones home address.. in this case the block. But is the CoC informed by any other means or do Glasgow just keep the news to themselves . sooner it arrives sooner i'm posted.. :smurf:

2. In my experience it can vary from individual to individual. Not because one may have previous, but more on the fact it is one of lifes mysteries. Some years ago I submitted one at the same time as a colleague, his came back within a month, mine took about 9 weeks.

3. In 2002,I applied for an Enhanced CRB,because my job would involve teaching Oldies,and 'Youngies',I went through the hoops for my Public Liability Insurance,and was dreading the wait for my CRB.............It took 10 days,start to finish,my two colleagues........4 weeks,all applied for through the same Teachers Employment agency.

4. My last enhanced CRB application posted on a Tuesday and came back the following Monday but some of the newer staff took over a month with one new employee taking three months. I have had around 10-15 done over the last eight years and they seem to get quicker each time, I think it's because they only have to check the period from the previous application.

5. If you have a copy of your paperwork you can track it online using the CRB number. Just a thought :)

6. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

the new idea long overdue is for you to have 1 crb kept online with a reference number so anyone can check it you just give them the number.

7. Too long, and it's questionable whether Glasgow works at any time of the year...

8. Took mine about six weeks for a Basic Disclosure Scotland. Did it on line and six weeks later the cert. arrived thru my letterbox

9. Cheers GG, sorted! Just got to wait for the cert and wait out for posting order. Cheers buddy!