How long before the first one gets his arse kicked?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by crimsonhussar, Sep 27, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone else noticed the old and bold civvies in quiet country villages with speed cameras and the usual fluorescent jacket, is that all part of this bollocks?
  2. Yes, just drop down a gear and floor the throttle and watch the old gits panic.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Then stop and ask what speed you got up to. Feel free to do a U-turn and try and beat your "top score"
    • Like Like x 4
  4. U turn?? That's a bit conservative for you, Smudge. Do a J turn and really scare the old gits into a heart attack
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Reminds me of a pub that had a breathalizer by the front door, que competitions of who could get the most drunk!
    • Like Like x 2
  6. I really hoped we'd seen the last of this when Labour got the boot.

This can only lead to target led policing, whereby the pettiest of laws are enforced regardless of the circumstances.

Personally, I can't wait to get fucked around by some spotty 17 year old reject on a power kick. I'm particularly looking forward to being fined on the spot for something I haven't done.
  7. That won't happen. The heavily tattooed chav who walks like a gorilla isn't likely to get a ticket. Respectable Mr Smith, who drops a receipt whilst reaching for his phone, is.
    • Like Like x 5
  8. EH? This is Camerons wet dream, the big society.
  9. Boldnotold

Boldnotold LE Book Reviewer

Or as the Eastern Europeans from 1945 to 1989 used to call it.

Sometimes I wonder who won the Cold War!
    • Like Like x 1
  10. No it isn't. He was firmly against this while in opposition.

The so-called 'big society' is the idea of society taking responsibility for itself. This scheme is society being policed by paid agents (albeit indirectly) of the Government. If anything, it's a move towards big Government.
  11. Big society is supposed to be the complete opposite of that.

12. Hmmm. Stasi........
  13. The rise of the State Busybody. "Your name vill also go in ze book". Was a time when the differences were crystal. Police policed, and the rest of us officially minded our own business. While "Norris", as somebody said above, was unofficially official. Seems whichever party is in charge the lines are blurred. The Press Association is calling it policing on the cheap, most of us might feel it's a cynical plan to save money on community policing and make Joe Public responsible for his own neighbourhood.

Can't help wondering how many more resources will have to be applied rescuing Norris from the feral hordes, making the whole idea another waste of time.

To pass the time, maybe some ideas and designs for the New State Busybody Uniform ?
  14. If I decide to help out, do I get to carry a sabre and make chavs do degrading things whilst threatening to skewer them with it?