How long before the first one gets his arse kicked?

Has anyone else noticed the old and bold civvies in quiet country villages with speed cameras and the usual fluorescent jacket, is that all part of this bollocks?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Then stop and ask what speed you got up to. Feel free to do a U-turn and try and beat your "top score"
U turn?? That's a bit conservative for you, Smudge. Do a J turn and really scare the old gits into a heart attack

I really hoped we'd seen the last of this when Labour got the boot.

This can only lead to target led policing, whereby the pettiest of laws are enforced regardless of the circumstances.

Personally, I can't wait to get fucked around by some spotty 17 year old reject on a power kick. I'm particularly looking forward to being fined on the spot for something I haven't done.

not some Corrie type Norris who is only going to get delusions of grandeur and then filled in as he tries to 'assert his authority' on some crackhead, high as a kite Gangsta who has dropped his chewing gum wrapper.
That won't happen. The heavily tattooed chav who walks like a gorilla isn't likely to get a ticket. Respectable Mr Smith, who drops a receipt whilst reaching for his phone, is.

Boldnotold

LE
Book Reviewer
Or as the Eastern Europeans from 1945 to 1989 used to call it.

Society.

Sometimes I wonder who won the Cold War!

EH? This is Camerons wet dream, the big society.
No it isn't. He was firmly against this while in opposition.

The so-called 'big society' is the idea of society taking responsibility for itself. This scheme is society being policed by paid agents (albeit indirectly) of the Government. If anything, it's a move towards big Government.

No it isn't. He was firmly against this while in opposition.

The so-called 'big society' is the idea of society taking responsibility for itself.This is society being policed by paid agents (albeit indirectly) of the Government. If anything, it's a move towards big Government.

Hmmm. Stasi........

T

Tremaine

Or as the Eastern Europeans from 1945 to 1989 used to call it.

Society.

Sometimes I wonder who won the Cold War!
The rise of the State Busybody. "Your name vill also go in ze book". Was a time when the differences were crystal. Police policed, and the rest of us officially minded our own business. While "Norris", as somebody said above, was unofficially official. Seems whichever party is in charge the lines are blurred. The Press Association is calling it policing on the cheap, most of us might feel it's a cynical plan to save money on community policing and make Joe Public responsible for his own neighbourhood.

Can't help wondering how many more resources will have to be applied rescuing Norris from the feral hordes, making the whole idea another waste of time.

To pass the time, maybe some ideas and designs for the New State Busybody Uniform ?

If I decide to help out, do I get to carry a sabre and make chavs do degrading things whilst threatening to skewer them with it?

The rise of the State Busybody. "Your name vill also go in ze book". Was a time when the differences were crystal. Police policed, and the rest of us officially minded our own business. While "Norris", as somebody said above, was unofficially official. Seems whichever party is in charge the lines are blurred. The Press Association is calling it policing on the cheap, most of us might feel it's a cynical plan to save money on community policing and make Joe Public responsible for his own neighbourhood.

Can't help wondering how many more resources will have to be applied rescuing Norris from the feral hordes, making the whole idea another waste of time.

To pass the time, maybe some ideas and designs for the New State Busybody Uniform ?
Look here, they are already out harassing motorists, didnt take long did it?

Attachments

T

Tremaine

Cop Walts in Pubs going "I'm in the CSAS". Nose tap tap. It's called the CSAS apparently: "Community Safety Accreditation Scheme" (CSAS) . Thousands have already signed up for it and it costs around £32 to be a fully fledged busybody.
"The number of people empowered by the scheme has swollen by a third in the past year". Telegraph

"Simon Reed, vice chairman of the Police Federation, said: “I’m sure that the public would have huge concerns knowing that we have people walking around in this pseudo-enforcement role without proper accountability and legitimacy.” Telegraph

Still, which Government listens to reason?

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
noel edmonds (the only sensible thing he has said) has a thing about the govt needs to constantly keep people feeling either unsafe so they can pass more laws or on the back foot so they can oppress them a bit more or prevent them rising up when they realise they are being conned.

he reckons that with positive thinking and mass action speed cameras, silly airport checks, over political correctness, council non jobs etc.. would be kicked into the long grass.

noel edmonds (the only sensible thing he has said) has a thing about the govt needs to constantly keep people feeling either unsafe so they can pass more laws or on the back foot so they can oppress them a bit more or prevent them rising up when they realise they are being conned.

he reckons that with positive thinking and mass action speed cameras, silly airport checks, over political correctness, council non jobs etc.. would be kicked into the long grass.
Mr Blobby for Justice minister, ****, perhaps he already is!