How Holy are your Easter Eggs?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by tuffy52, Mar 25, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Christian Church has agreed to the manufacture of 'Real or Holy' Easter Eggs.What the feck?.

Easter was a Northern European Goddess who the Christian Church 'borrowed' to use to promote their idea of religion.

Various forms of the name existed well before Christianity appeared,

The name "Easter" originated with the names of an ancient Goddess and God. The Venerable Bede, (672-735 CE.) a Christian scholar, first asserted in his book De Ratione Temporum that Easter was named after Eostre (a.k.a. Eastre). She was the Great Mother Goddess of the Saxon people in Northern Europe. Similarly, the "Teutonic dawn goddess of fertility [was] known variously as Ostare, Ostara, Ostern, Eostra, Eostre, Eostur, Eastra, Eastur, Austron and Ausos." 1 Her name was derived from the ancient word for spring: "eastre."
    And her symbol was The March Hare not a egg.

So how Holy are your Easter Eggs?.

2. If I have an Aero easter egg, its quite holy.

3. I've got several pairs of religious/holy socks. More cheesy than chocolately.

I'm an agnostic though which many would call a cowardly atheist. I just think if you walk on water mate, I'll believe it.

4. Anything for a quick buck!

Will these "eggs" cure cancer or Alzheimers? Or help us find a practical new energy source? Or perhaps provide a replacement for failing antibiotics? Or even increase the agricultural output of over-populated countries?

How stupid and easily led some people are.

5. So the wine is the blood of Christ. The wafer is the body of Christ. And the chocolate is the.....?

• Like Like x 3
  6. Easter, a religious time?

Who knew?

All that chocolate would have needed to be kept refrigerated in the Wholly land.

7. I like mine soft boiled with soldiers. Poached eggs are nice on hot buttered toast with a slice of thick ham under the eggs.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Do you like "dipping" soldiers, J Rod?

Just asking, no particular reason.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yes of course but they do need salt on the yummy soft yolks.

10. Eggs Benedict for me please. He was holy wasn't he?

11. white chocolate eggs, 2 for £2 in Tescos ones eaten. Another pagan festival nicked by Christians although it is the time of the barley harvest in the Middle East, harvest, rejuvenation, John Barleycorn

12. Nah, just a lightweight quitter.

13. I was thinking more of the Monte Cassino Benedict ...