How heavy to be a para?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
If it was not for the invasion of Crete by the German Airborne then we would not have the RAF Regiment.

Those Germans have some explaining to do!!!!!!!
Thought it was based on the various RAF armoured car squadrons that went around the Middle East in the 1920s?

If it was not for the invasion of Crete by the German Airborne then we would not have the RAF Regiment.

Those Germans have some explaining to do!!!!!!!
Two books about Crete in WW2 which make good companions to a holiday to the island.

Alan Clark's 'The Fall of Crete' - a tough read due to the way the defence was mishandled by poor comms and lack of aggression at senior levels. How we lost that island in the circumstances is almost beyond comprehension.

Slightly more upliftingly, W. Stanley Moss' 'Ill met by moonlight' makes you realise just how staggering brave those SOE chaps and chapesses were, and indeed many of the local populace.

The German Para cemetary at Maleme is well worth a visit too, as is the Commonwealth one at Suda Bay. The individual headstones/plaques at each are in very stark contrast in to each other.

Sorry for the thread drift.

Last edited:

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
You type very well for a dead person, and I must say it's nice to know you can still get the internet 6' under !

Seriously though, it's good to see you are OK.

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place but does anybody know if there is a weight requirement you must reach for the paras. I’m relatively skinny and just wondered if I need to be a certain weight.
If they find you're under weight, someone will be along with a big bag of link and a few spare barrels for the General.

Latest Threads