how hard is basic training

cant be that hard
two nco`s just sent to harrogate from my battalion as instructors are worst we have,not a ******* clue and only just scraped a pass on juniors

Spend all day running yourself ragged. Spend all evening and most of the night cleaning your house to a high standard - then start pressing all your shirts and kecks. Then polish your shoes until you can see your face in them. Then go to bed around midnight...ish - but not before setting your alarm for 5am. Get up. Have a shower and shave in cold water. A quick twenty minute run before this is optional. Clean shower to high standard. Polish boots again. Get dressed. Have a quick brekkie - you have ten minutes. Then trash everything you've spent all night preparing before spending the rest of the day in a wet field. Back to square one. Repeat for six weeks. Still interested?

BuckFelize said:
Spend all day running yourself ragged. Spend all evening and most of the night cleaning your house to a high standard - then start pressing all your shirts and kecks. Then polish your shoes until you can see your face in them. Then go to bed around midnight...ish - but not before setting your alarm for 5am. Get up. Have a shower and shave in cold water. A quick twenty minute run before this is optional. Clean shower to high standard. Polish boots again. Get dressed. Have a quick brekkie - you have ten minutes. Then trash everything you've spent all night preparing before spending the rest of the day in a wet field. Back to square one. Repeat for six weeks. Still interested?
Yeh, sounds mega.

BuckFelize said:
Fcuk me wish I joined up when you did. :wink:

ifits not hard its not worth doing.

you aim this thread like you want an easy ride.

Hardest thing ive ever done, but the best thing ive ever done.

My passing out parade was the proudest day of my life and it was even better knowing what I had achieved in the last 14 weeks.

In my day blah blah blah.... when footballs were made of pigs bladders and wispa bar wrappers were paper....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Basic is as easy or hard as you make it. If you listen to the staff and are reasonably fit you should be OK. if on the other hand you are a fat body who has attitude then it may be harder.

Good luck

Not that bad actually. It sucks while you are there of course, but once you are done, you kind of miss it. You get yelled at all day, you get smoked for everyones screw ups and it is 24/7. Some of the training is really fun, just as long as you don't do anything stupid as a platoon to annoy the drill sergeants, but don't worry, they find stuff to be mad at. Its just a test of will. Remember, if you sign up and are ready to go, basic training will be easy. Just give it all you got.

Basic was hard and easy for me, but now that training is over i've started to miss the days of sitting in a hole with my rifle in the pitch black of night freezing my balls off.
If i could i would switch places with you in a heart beat.

cann't be done so take everything in your stride and you will make it as a HSM soldier.

keep it real. 8)