How God made the English

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Brotherton Lad, Mar 17, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Just watched one of the finest and most exquisitely amusing BBC programmes this year, first of a series of three. Want to know why British forces pop up in all sorts of places?

BBC Two - How God Made the English, A Chosen People?

One for you, JJH, if you're reading (and if I've understood you from your vocabulary and syntax).

2. I like the Executive producer Jean Claude Bragard.

Not an English Christian name, and certainly not an English surname in language, or import of the word(almost)

3. Yes, God sent us :-D

4. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Aye, He has a lot to answer for!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Did you hear about the Englishman with an inferiority complex? He thought he was the same as everyone else.

• Like Like x 5
  6. The unmentioned plague of the Gyppos?

7. HHH

HHH LE

The presenter has a good English name,

"Diarmaid MacCulloch"

8. But who will He answer to? By the way, there's a cracking programme about William Golding on at the moment, BBC 2.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Brotherton Lad

And Lord of the Flies.

10. Auld-Yin

Now if you want to discuss that subject you will have to go over to the Religion Forum and ask Higgs-Bosun and Co.

11. Chap was perfectly correct, God made the English because God IS English, as any right thinking chap knows, I mean, why would he want to be anything else.

12. Auld-Yin

If you are wanting to proove God don't exist then you are using the best argument for your case.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Unless they can guarantee a definitive answer I'll leave it thanks.

14. Brotherton Lad

I feel many of you have misunderstood the intent of the title.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Does the program explain why you sent over the nutters to pester and bedevil we noble Red men? :? Life wasn't tough enough was it what with having to hunt and fish for a living in our bountiful lands 24/7 and avoid ending up as a forelock on somebody else's scalp stick that you had to send over the Puritans who had the mistaken notion that God gave them our lands and proceeded to make themselves unpopular? :?

[​IMG]