how fat is 20% body fat?

#2
They don't check your Body Fat % at Selection. They check your BMI though which needs to be between 20 - 25.
 
#3
im gonna go wild here bare with me....

im not a genius but im guessing my theory works out somewhere. imagine your body (no im not a pervert) take away the bones, muscle organs skin hair etc etc. and your left with fat, how much fat do you think there will be left??
 
#5
Animal_Mother said:
They don't check your Body Fat % at Selection. They check your BMI though which needs to be between 20 - 25.
they do do the calliper test. says so in my joining instructions
 
B

Biscuits_AB

Guest
#6
private---pile said:
im gonna go wild here bare with me....

im not a genius but im guessing my theory works out somewhere. imagine your body (no im not a pervert) take away the bones, muscle organs skin hair etc etc. and your left with fat, how much fat do you think there will be left??
You weren't kidding either were you?
 
#7
im on my 7th can of suoerstrong lager so what do you expect. wait til ive had the methane!
 
#9
Visit http://www.brianmac.co.uk/fatcent.htm for more information on body composition.

The average male adult has between 15 and 17% body fat on average - average female between 18 and 22%.

Tbh, as long as you can pass the physical parts of selection, don't worry too much; however, I would recommend shedding a few pounds of fat to bring your body fat percentage more in line with the average , if you're male.
 
#12
maybe they do it if your bmi is high???
 
#14
Where did you get your body fat measured?

If you used those all-in-one body fat scales/handheld devices, they can be out by as much as 5%.
 
#15
are you asking wat 20% fat looks like on someone. i e how fat do they look?
 
#17
I get myself weighed at boots, also used the body fat attachment.
Excellent: 10.2%
Good: 16.9%
Average 20.8%
Poor: 29.1%

I'm 12st 3lbs and 13.4% fat.
 
#18
private---pile said:
Animal_Mother said:
They don't check your Body Fat % at Selection. They check your BMI though which needs to be between 20 - 25.
they do do the calliper test. says so in my joining instructions
Nevermind joining instructions I've been there mate and done it and there wasn't a calliper in sight.
 
#19
They don't even do the calliper test anymore.

If your BMI is over 27 they will measure your waist circumfrence. If your waist is less than 94 cm's then you are graded R2 over 94 cm's and you'll be deffered for a couple of months to loose some weight.

They have gone from using a scientifically proved method of body fat measurments through calliper testing to using the British Heart Foundations reccomendations on waist size.

FACT
 
#20
20%? At one level, quite fat, but given what most people eat, not too bad. If you eat low fat, low sugar and non-processed food and walk about a load, do a bit of training, your bodyfat will come down below 10% without too much effort. A big South African study demonstrated that unprocessed bulky food and a long walk to work and back every day meant loads of people were 5% - the same as Olympic marathon runners. But crisps, biccies, chocolate, fried shit, everything running in oil and cheese..........all of that will make you a porker.
 

Similar threads


Latest Threads

Top