How Fast is your Internet Connection

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Me!_Amph!!, Aug 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Everyone has different internet connections and mine is with Telecom over here in Germany.

I have a 6Mb connection and wanted to see how fast my connection actually was. So I came across this site

I ran the test and had a nice supprise.

Attached Files:

2. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Not bad, you may think.

However I will run another this evening, and point out why you should never, ever, EVER get your internet from Tiscali.

Bunch of cunts
  3. [​IMG]

That's mine which seems acceptable. I'm paying for 2.2mbps

Looking forward to your revelation! I've always found Tiscali OK.
  4. Thats it, whether its good or bad I could not tell you. :?

5. [​IMG]

BT Broadband up to 8mb
  6. After moving from Telewest Broadband to Sky, I will never have a connection which runs through the telephone line again since it just doesn't compare. Unstable connection speeds, high latency (although after much badgering Sky have done something about it) and when the local chavspawn are sucking up all the bandwidth in the area it slows my connection to a snails pace. I'll run the speed test and see what it comes up with.
  7. But What Bandwidth do you pay for....... That is the real question..... Check your speed from the test to what your paying for.

As I say i get 5.4 Mb for a 6.01Mb connection and my up load is ment to be 576kb
  8. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

9. Here's what i get

and this is what i should be getting.

10. em lol i bought the modem and software from here
    took me about 10mins to suss it out in saying that my ISP is VIRGIN CABLE SO not sure if it will work on adsl modems ,if its a cable modem motorola sb5100 its a piece of pish.
  11. Don't get me started my connection is being shit slow ******* BT suck.
  12. [​IMG]

Not sure if I'm getting what I pay for, is the above slow/fast/utter bollox?

13. devilish are you on dial up lol
  14. Not funny mate! :D I'm on BB, sky of all people! WIFI to my router. I take it then that it is a p!sh speed? :x

How do I get my speed faster?