How far do you walk a day ?

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
This month the car is three years old and was due a service and now an MOT. Drove to local Halfords, about three miles. Walked home. When it was almost ready, they called, I walked back and collected the car.

Fitbit says 6.42 miles. Not too shabby.

At work, I average between 10,000 and 20,000 a day, ain't got a clue for weekends, because I rarely have my phone with me as it's pointless as I'm only going to the shop for beers.

TamH70

MIA
At work, I average between 10,000 and 20,000 a day, ain't got a clue for weekends, because I rarely have my phone with me as it's pointless as I'm only going to the shop for beers.

Even a waddle to the offy for some beers counts in the long run. Mind you, up to 20k of steps in a day isn't bad going either. I'd probably do more than I currently am if I wasn't broken in too many places to count.

TamH70

MIA
Bit of a short stroll total today - just 7.37 km (whatever that is in miles), with 51 Heart Points and 124 Move Minutes according to my Google Fit app. But I did do 10,365 steps, which isn't too bad. I didn't make it up to the Robertson Car Park today as things were a bit more busy than anticipated - that thing reference my recently deceased tenant's association member then I had to do a laundry and that knackered me for a bit.

Still, I did nearly two thousand steps before I headed out shopping to Tesco's just off of Glasgow Road to buy some milk and a steak, and I did walk back home with my shopping in my daysack.

TamH70

MIA
Boy, I have been lazy recently. Either that or it's been too sunny and I hate that.

Anyway, beat my 150 Heart Points total for this week, more than half of which I knocked over today, by gaining 91 points on a walk between my gaff and the Tesco's in Linwood. The return leg was on the back road leading into the ass-end of Ferguslie Park, so it was a tad longer than the outbound route.

15,087 steps, 10.77 Km and 156 Move Minutes in total. Not bad, though I was a fat sweaty melted mess when I got back home.

Every day three times a day I take the dogs for a three mile walk either around our property or up into the mountains (I do enjoy doing it). Their first walk of the day is usually after I get back from my run.

Herself checks my BP and heart rate once a month and the last reading was 116 over 64 and my heart rate was 67 BPM. I'll be 65 in a couple of months time.

TamH70

MIA
Every day three times a day I take the dogs for a three mile walk either around our property or up into the mountains (I do enjoy doing it). Their first walk of the day is usually after I get back from my run.

Herself checks my BP and heart rate once a month and the last reading was 116 over 64 and my heart rate was 67 BPM. I'll be 65 in a couple of months time.

I looked at my heart rate whilst on my walk, and got a shock. I didn't think that they made numbers that high.

146 BPM!?!

But I walk fast.

I looked at my heart rate whilst on my walk, and got a shock. I didn't think that they made numbers that high.

146 BPM!?!

But I walk fast.

Boot size?

Daz

LE
Today's amble was around 2 miles in 2 1/2 hours including photo-taking time, reversing course on several occasions, dekitting and hoiking webbing, tripod and walking poles up and over obstructions and crawling along on hands and knees on some sections....... might be time to stick to the approved paths around the 4 falls :)

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
this has got me thinking, I might get some sort of step counter, thing is no legs , no lower arms so need something that would be suitable , thinking along the lines of a pocket one , thoughts ?
Oh and dont suggerst one fixed to my sticks !
You could try MapMyWalk on your phone which does distance and elevation but it goes through phone batteries if you leave it on all day.

It depends how busy a shift I have, if I have a couple of lane closures for tyre changes/RTCs I can hit about 15000 steps, if I have a full closure, 20-25k steps, if it's dark, add 5000 steps.

I take my working cocker spaniel out twice a day covering a minimum of 3 miles each time, and an 8+ miler on weekends.

I was interested in how far the dog covers, as he's off the lead for all of it, so I bought a 'Pit Pat' tracker to measure it.

Load of old shite, recording less distance than me, even though he doesn't stop running the whole time, and the replacement was just as bad, so I used Harry Black to secure an old Foretrex onto his collar on one occasion to get an idea of his mileage - well over twice mine.

And he's still dropping a tennis ball at my feet.
Had to chuckle at this. I have a Working Cocker too and our routines are pretty much the same as yours!

TamH70

MIA
First dibs please :twisted:

Bugger off! I'll have the soles worn off of them before they're going anywhere. Now this lock-down crap is nearly over, I can start doing multi-county walks again. I think my record's three counties and five boundaries crossed in one day.

Dunno if this has been done before....now, living in a 'metropolitan area' with a 'transport system' ( all transport systems think it is cooooowel to have abbreviations...here we have primarily FGC : Ferrocarriles de Generalitat de Catalunya...I am still seriously considering spraying my version on a very visible side of their Barcelona office - ******* Greasy cnuts, but they are only pretenders to the throne held by TMB : Transportations Metropolitan de Barcelona, which encompasses that monument to incompetence, the Barcelona metro, and their half-arsed bus service aka Total Masturbating Bastards...I am inclined slightly towards laziness and would have to admit that I probably don't do much more than 2 miles a day these days. When in the UK, in Torbay, due to the ridiculous price of local transport I tend to walk much more and easily clock up around 5 miles or so a day, often more. How about you ?
It's quite a long walk from my gaff to your daughter's bedroom, so I walk quite a bit every day.

Kirkz

LE
Book Reviewer
Bugger off! I'll have the soles worn off of them before they're going anywhere. Now this lock-down crap is nearly over, I can start doing multi-county walks again. I think my record's three counties and five boundaries crossed in one day.
Yeah, but you drove over two of them ^~

TamH70

MIA

Latest Threads