Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

How far do you walk a day ?

Dunno if this has been done before....now, living in a 'metropolitan area' with a 'transport system' ( all transport systems think it is cooooowel to have abbreviations...here we have primarily FGC : Ferrocarriles de Generalitat de Catalunya...I am still seriously considering spraying my version on a very visible side of their Barcelona office - ******* Greasy cnuts, but they are only pretenders to the throne held by TMB : Transportations Metropolitan de Barcelona, which encompasses that monument to incompetence, the Barcelona metro, and their half-arsed bus service aka Total Masturbating Bastards...I am inclined slightly towards laziness and would have to admit that I probably don't do much more than 2 miles a day these days. When in the UK, in Torbay, due to the ridiculous price of local transport I tend to walk much more and easily clock up around 5 miles or so a day, often more. How about you ?

Probably only around 2/3 miles a day as well by the time I've farted around doing this that 'n tother
I do about 20 mins of ghey step ups with a couple of weights while watching Prime or Netflix later on too.
Frankly it's not really enough. Steady small increment weight gain post Cov-id but I just need to cut out eating high carb & sugery crap. That's the hard bit.....I've not exactly got a history of serious diet control.

Edit:
SWMBO's Primary school once did a test shortly before she retired 5 years back, and most of the teachers actually clocked up between 3 or 4 miles each day (measured over two weeks with some gadget)....just in the classroom. Quite surprising at the time.

Last edited:
33D9AA07-AFF1-4947-9A6A-56CE6BE93C96.png

roughly 10, 000 steps according to my garmin watch, dunno what that is in miles.

ETA
looked it up, roughly 5 miles apparently.

Last edited:
Dunno if this has been done before....now, living in a 'metropolitan area' with a 'transport system' ( all transport systems think it is cooooowel to have abbreviations...here we have primarily FGC : Ferrocarriles de Generalitat de Catalunya...I am still seriously considering spraying my version on a very visible side of their Barcelona office - ******* Greasy cnuts, but they are only pretenders to the throne held by TMB : Transportations Metropolitan de Barcelona, which encompasses that monument to incompetence, the Barcelona metro, and their half-arsed bus service aka Total Masturbating Bastards...I am inclined slightly towards laziness and would have to admit that I probably don't do much more than 2 miles a day these days. When in the UK, in Torbay, due to the ridiculous price of local transport I tend to walk much more and easily clock up around 5 miles or so a day, often more. How about you ?
**** off.

Feck all (nearly). For some reason my anxiety and depression kicked up a notch last year and I just can't be arsed to do any phys. My therapist is working on it but I still haven't felt the urge to exercise.

I bought a new bicycle about 3 months ago and the only time I've ridden it was the 20ft to the bike shed. I'm clinically obese but have no urge to sort my shit out!!!

My dogs sit down and refuse to go more than about a mile, mind you they are Shih Tzu's so its a bit understandable. :D
Mine tear arrse about like a pair of loons, the joy on their faces while doing that makes me at peace with the world, I’ll happily amble along all day with them and I simply enjoy their enthusiasm and lust for life

plus I sometimes get to see some cracking crumpet out walking their dogs, not that I notice much...

I might have made the not noticing much bit up

2.4 miles a day average apparently, mostly around 2ish miles a day but some days 2.5-3 and occasionally a blowout of up to 4.
My personal trainer absolutely insists on a minimum daily, although it's a good idea to keep dried cheese and Bakers treats handy or else when he fcuks off into the undergrowth he won't come back.
I'm in the ridiculous position of getting in the car to go for a walk half the time as my local walks get boring for him and he needs to hoon around woods to get the broad range of scents, experiences and vile things to roll in. Plus there's a couple of epic swamps to wallow in.
Him not me.

Last edited:
Average 10/11 miles if its quiet at work. I occasionally check my average stride and pace with the Gait lab to make sure my fitbit is on point. Advantage of been cheeky and flirting with staff in the lab.
Rarely out by more than a couple of steps.
Was a higher daily average before Covid as we try and stick to only necessary trips around the hospital this last year.