How easy is it to change your capbadge after basic?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by JPAR17, Aug 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How easy is it to change your capbadge after basic?

2. you asked this yesterday?

3. Well yeah got told to search but there wasnt anything there that answers my question.

4. Quite easy. Check with the QM stores to see what day and times exchanges are and you should be able to change it for a new one provided the old one isn't broken/worn through misuse or negligence.

5. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

You might need a knife to cut the hole in the beret where the badge fits through. I also find pliers are handy for bending out the split pin, this will prevent the new badge from falling out.

6. Actually I mean changing Corps my bad.

7. You should have been clearer ... but not much chance I would have thought.

All the major changes to Corps were done under Options for Change back in the early 90's and I don't think MoD are keen to change them again.

8. Easy............................but only if you are a STAB and you move jobs aroudn the country. I did 7 Royal Anglian, 81 Signals Regiment, 5 LI and QOMY over a period of 10 years. (Anglians were by far the best)

Doesn't help your promotion much though. You start at the bottom in terms of earning people's trust each time.

Why do you want to swap anyway? RLC too hard for you?

9. Well I aint planning on moving about all the time just want to change my job from REME to Royal artillery but aint sure about changing it now because of the recession but instead change it after basic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.