How does this work?

Discussion in 'NOW That's What I Call ARRSE 1' started by aardvaark the carpeted, Jan 25, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I came across this: Six - StumbleUpon

Question is: how does it work? Or have I lost my mind too?

2. i got potato

3. ha ha ha yeah, I failed!

4. Marrow. Big **** off one too. I think that's a different kind of losing my mind.

5. That there trickcyclistumology bollocks, I thought of cabbage but I think that's cos I'd just farted

6. Apparently 'Stephen hawkins' is the wrong answer.

• Like Like x 2
  7. It's got **** all to do with the adding. For some reason (I don't know why) most people will think of a carrot is all about distraction then posing the question without giving them time to think. Try it tomorrow at work, mid way through a normal conversation ask them to think of a vegetable, after the answer 'what?' most will say carrot. In fact just for shits and giggles try it at work then come back here with the results. Anyone who doesn't say carrot probably has eyes pointing different ways.

Edited to add: Or knows the trick

8. Another mathematical conundrum:

3 flat mates decide to buy a second hand TV for the pad. They enter the local Cashconverters and see one for £30. They each hand over a £10 note to the cashier to pay for said TV. The Cashier says the TV has been reduced to £25. The 3 flat mates, ecstatic by this reduction, say 'ok, give us all back a pound each and keep £2 as a tip'. They receive their £1 each. (So, in essence they've only paid £9 each).

3 x £9 by all 3 flat mates is £27 + the £2 they gave the Cashconverters Cashier makes £29. Where, mathematically has the £30th pound gone?

It all makes sense but doesn't add up using this conundrum. :slow:

9. I just got my mate to do this verbally......

Her vegetable?

A sausage!!!!!! :?

10. They paid £28 for the tv and gave a £2 tip.

They all chipped in for the tip, so they paid 1/3 of £28 each. Which is £9.33

Sent from my iPhone using my ARRSE

11. Which, to be fair, is a similar shape to a carrot.

12. The number 25 does not appear in the 3 times table.

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using twiddly knobs.

13. Rod924

Rod924 LE Reviewer

But they actually paid 9.33 each

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

14. But how, using the aforementioned?