How does the recruitment work?

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Azza87, May 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I wanted to know how the recruitment worked, I am wondering if its based on first come first served.

I want(ed) to join up as an electrician in the Royal Engineers but with this recession thing going on it seems like the waiting list could even be up to a year. I wanted to join long before this recession, I have gone back to college to get GCSE's which are the qualifications required to join. I went to the army careers about 2 years ago where I said I will come back when i have the qualis to get in, I also have level 2 c&g electrical installation.

Will showing that I am not just joining because i can't get a job help me much? I mean seriously, will it push me ahead of the queue at all? There always seems to be something else popping up to stop me joining up!
  2. Doors open at 9 o"clock and the first 10 through the door are in.

PS The first man through is fast tracked straight into the SAS but dont let on now ;)
  3. Thats okay, I was expecting the first reply to be witty and come within a couple of minutes of posting from someone who spends a lot of time here with 100+ posts

4. You turn up, sign the papers, get on a bus and get shipped off to fight the huns
  5. Ooooooooh. Nasty.