how does the recruiter know

Alsacien

LE
computersaysno said:
....whether you are teling the truth about your 1.5 mile run time?
All recruiters have done interrogation training and can spot someone telling a porky a mile away.
Some recruiting centres also use hidden retina scanning cameras which work as lie detectors to the trained operators.

Did you lie :?

We dont, but if your lying you face the consequences and get deferred for six months when you fail at ADSC. Thats why I always tried to get my applicants on a pre ADSC with the AYT's before they went. Lots talked a good run but when the chips were down couldnt do it or didnt take the half mile warm up into account. Get on a Pre selection or look at life first to give you the confidence.

blimey - thats slow.

The_IRON said:
We dont, but if your lying you face the consequences and get deferred for six months when you fail at ADSC. Thats why I always tried to get my applicants on a pre ADSC with the AYT's before they went. Lots talked a good run but when the chips were down couldnt do it or didnt take the half mile warm up into account. Get on a Pre selection or look at life first to give you the confidence.
I did a look at life nad clocked 8:13, never done it that fast. When the recruiter asked me the time he said what did you get on your look at life and I told him 8:13, now I'm scared. Its going to be hard to hit that time again, if I don't will I fail? But I didn't lie about my time just told them what I got on my Look at life. I'll just have to put 110% effort in on the day and clock a good time.

computersaysno said:
no i was telling the truth but because im a bit chubby he frowned at me as if to say he didnt believe me!
Dont worrie about it mate, Just keep running, I am a big bloke myself 16 stone but i play Rugby. My run time is not the fastest as some of the other lads but once i kit my self out with my CEMO i can do the same speed the fast lads are dying at the rear,

Just do your best mate thats all anyone can ask from you, Dont worrie and get on with it,

Best of luck

5.56mm said:
The_IRON said:
I did a look at life nad clocked 8:13, never done it that fast. When the recruiter asked me the time he said what did you get on your look at life and I told him 8:13, now I'm scared. Its going to be hard to hit that time again, if I don't will I fail? But I didn't lie about my time just told them what I got on my Look at life. I'll just have to put 110% effort in on the day and clock a good time.
We used to get a brief course report back regarding each applicant from the Look at Life or Pre ADSC selection course from the AYT (I attended most of them with my applicants aswell). This was used to add to the interview notes and I also sent a copy up to the PSO when he went to ADSC for the two days Recruit selection. It was a valuable tool and gave the PSO more to go on whilst there incase they did have a shocker on the day. It also gave the individual areas where they needed to improve, you obviously have quite a good run time already so work on the other areas now like your upper body strenght and icebreaker, confidence etc. If you are slightly down on the day as long as you show your putting the effort in there shouldnt be a problem, those nearer the 11.30 mark have more to worry about.

The_IRON said:
5.56mm said:
The_IRON said:

We used to get a brief course report back regarding each applicant from the Look at Life or Pre ADSC selection course from the AYT (I attended most of them with my applicants aswell). This was used to add to the interview notes and I also sent a copy up to the PSO when he went to ADSC for the two days Recruit selection. It was a valuable tool and gave the PSO more to go on whilst there incase they did have a shocker on the day. It also gave the individual areas where they needed to improve, you obviously have quite a good run time already so work on the other areas now like your upper body strenght and icebreaker, confidence etc. If you are slightly down on the day as long as you show your putting the effort in there shouldnt be a problem, those nearer the 11.30 mark have more to worry about.
Thanks clears alot up.

RoyalEngineers said:
Can I ask what an AYT is?

Cheers
Army Youth Team (teams built up from local Regiments) but I believe they might of changed the name last year but their are teams that still do the job.

They are now called 'Army Recruiting Teams'

London was the pilot for them last year and have ART1/2/3

ART 1 and 2 are essentially manned by Infantry soldiers and ART 3 is the Technical and logistic cap badges.

How it works in other regions i am not too sure.

However an ART is responsible for running 'Insight' courses, these are mainly used to give people a chance to have a brief look at Military discipline i suppose because in reality the recruiters only use it to get a 2nd look at any potentials they send on the courses.

They also run Pre ADSC courses too amongst other recruiting events.

London offices got quite a few of the recruiters qualified as UK Athletics coaches which enables them to run fitness sessions for all applicants.

Basically each of the London offices give their applicants a chance to run 1.5miles and do the basic 2 minutes of situps and pressups so that both the recruiter and applicant can guage the fitness levels.

In a nutshell, London offices dont tend to send an applicant until they have proved they are ready for ADSC physically, the result is money is saved by not sending someone to ADSC that is going to fail, time is spared by not having to deal with a deferral for physical fitness and also the applicant gets a look at what is expected of them at ADSC.

Whether or not that is the case with other groups i wouldnt like to say, as far as i am aware it was a group initiative but it seems to be working for London offices because there is no grey area anymore, they are either fit enough or they arent.

The question is whether or not its taking things too far, the only thing left that we arent helping with is the medical side of life, so at this moment in time there is help for all applicants, gone are the days where motivation got you through the process and you had to do everything yourself ;)