How does the 2 REP (FFL) compare to the British Paras?

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
To be fair they've done better that most posters on here with their correct use of the apostrophe.
True that. Most posters' grasp of the apostrophe's correct use isn't all that.

Eric Zemmour visits a F.F.C.I. base (Forces Fancaise en Côte d'Ivoire)
Cap badge looks like REP
Zemmour is a candidat for the general élections, far right wing
Zemmour in Arabe = Olive field
FHTavBvWQAExGGF.jpeg

Last edited:
Cap badge looks like REP
Zemmour in Arabe = Olive fieldView attachment 625471
I presume the French Armed Forces do such a thing for all candidates?

Not at all and this is going to be questioned....up stairs
Pdt Macron canceled his visit to Mali (Barkhane) for the christmas greetings to the troops. I think because of COVID
The usual is, Ministre de Defense, who visits the troops
Think it was in 2019 that Macron visited Chad (Barkhane)

I wouldn't read too much into it personally, but it does provoke some interest.

Cap badge looks like REP
Zemmour in Arabe = Olive fieldView attachment 625471

The other chap I think is Bertrand de la Chesnais, recently appointed as Zemmour's campaign director.

A career officer, he retired as Général de Corps d'Armée, and held the post of MGAT, 2IC of the French Army (Major Général de l'Armée de Terre). He conceived and put in place Op Sentinelle after the January 2015 attacks.

The other chap I think is Bertrand de la Chesnais, recently appointed as Zemmour's campaign director.

A career officer, he retired as Général de Corps d'Armée, and held the post of MGAT, 2IC of the French Army (Major Général de l'Armée de Terre). He conceived and put in place Op Sentinelle after the January 2015 attacks.

Not sure that the attemopted association of right-wing politicos with the Armed Forces is going to go down that well with the majority of the French public. It would be interesting to see how the French CEMA (UK=CDS. NATO=CHOD) reacted to it?

Christmas Greetings from General Lardet, the General Commanding the Foreign Legion:
1640373903510.png

The Legion is on guard.

Santa has returned to his day job for the rest of the year:

Sixty years ago this year, the French Foreign Legion departed its Headquarters and Depot at Sidi Bel Abbes in Algeria, where it had been based for over a century and installed itself at Aubagne in the South of France:
1641049399841.png

This began the move out of Algeria and the last Foreign Legion Regiments (including 2 REP) left Algerian soil in 1967 when the negotiated terms of their extended base leases ran out.

Last edited:

Jean d'Épée

Old-Salt
And just for contrast a pic of 2 REP paras on recent Ops in Mali:
View attachment 526304
Taken from 2 REP official social media.
I debated whether or not to post this but I’ve decided to, as it shows the reality of the legion and the camaraderie in it. It’s a slight thread deviation so apologies in advance.

The legionnaire on the right, Caporal Marian Gemeiner from Slovakia, died on the 26th of December 2021 after battling cancer for 6 months.

Standing at over 2 metres tall, Gemeiner was a literal giant and muscular beast. He looked fearsome and scary but actually he was the definition of a gentle giant. He had a heart of gold. With his unique humour and his constant smile, he gave so much to his platoon and lifted morale daily just be being himself. His humour was unrivalled and I’ll never forget how much he had the ability to make anyone laugh, from legionnaires to colonels, and he always treated everyone with respect.

Gemeiner deployed on Operation Barkhane to Mali and to New Caledonia. Before the legion he completed 9 years of service in the Slovakian army. He was strongly liked in the company for being a dependable and caring guy who was always motivated and cheerful, even when the chips were down (which they were a lot at times).

Right to the end, he stayed positive and remained selfless.

Tomorrow there will be a ceremony in Aubagne dedicated to him.

Rest easy you true warrior Gemeiner, I’ll miss you buddy.

6E9A9CC0-839D-4372-8AD5-482B488AD808.jpeg

0A43698C-6156-475B-A539-09DD3831A28D.jpeg

07FC138E-1016-4019-8331-51A2C8CCFB33.jpeg

C0C38A42-E8E0-452F-8251-4DA37BFA9034.jpeg

95CCEA22-C728-4A09-902A-AAF503747927.jpeg

78F09C8C-38A2-4C0A-9239-209098E9139A.jpeg

FFCD3F6A-147E-4E29-8FFB-F75F1D9AC3E4.jpeg

Latest Threads