How does pay work out in the TA

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by 8chris4, Mar 10, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hey guys sorry for newbie question but ive been searching and couldn't see how the pay works for TA..if you have no commitments like girlfriend job etc and can put a lot of time like every weekend and possible a few every night ..do u get payed for it or is it only when you've to show up on scheduled times?

2. You will only be paid for evenings and days or parts there of that you sign in for that is recognized training laid down by your CoC. You cannot just tip up at the TAC on, for arguments sake, a Thursday evening and carry out training or work as nobody will be there to supervise or administer you. You will be limited to a certain amount of days per year.

After reading your post again, why not just join the regs?!?

3. It work a little like this up to 2 hours work, no pay. Between 2 and 4 hours a quarter of a day. Between 4 and 6 hours half a day. Between 6 and 8 hours three quarters of a day. 8 hours or more a full days pay.

Drill nights count as a quarter, a training weekend is usually 2.5.

If you wish to attend any other training you will have to speak to your chain of command. You will be paid for the hours you work. Speak to your unit for details.

4. hey..well i know he TA do mainly weekends..but i have family members that i look after during the day on weekdays..evenings and weekends are like my time off from doing that...im just tryin to find some other stuff to do during the weekends etc that could be quite fun rather than gettin pissed with m8s..gets abit boring after a while

5. If, on the other hand, CGS decides he's a little short on cash, there might not be any pay at all...in which event, write to your MP and all will be magically solved.

6. You turn up on specified training, however there are always courses and admin to do, if you ask you boss you may be able to do extra time.

You must obtain permission - otherwise no get paid

Also paid time for prepping lessons etc, our unit is pretty flexible about this at the moment

7. You turn up on specified training, however there are always courses and admin to do, if you ask you boss you may be able to do extra time.

You must obtain permission - otherwise no get paid

Also paid time for prepping lessons etc, our unit is pretty flexible about this at the moment

8. Essentially if your unit has the budget and they have something useful for you to do make it known to your PSI that you are available to come in whenever at short notice and you'll soon find yourself having days thrown at you al the time. The more reliable you are the more days you are likely to be given and of course its going to help on your SJAR if the staff know who you are and what you've been doing.

9. How does pay work out in the TA........Simple it dosent.

10. It does, actually.

11. Most months I receive no TA pay at all!

But, to be fair, most months I don't turn up.