How does 4PARA training work?

westyboy

Clanker
Doesn't seem to have gone through: the recruit cadre's form up twice a year are spread throughout the 3 Company's and you will train as a location at your local ARC on drill nights, then subsequently come together and train as a company on weekends at a military training area. Once the recruit training course is completed (11 weekends) this is classed as phase 1, you then go on to Cic (phase 2)and P Coy. The Duke will I'm sure correct me for any inaccuracies on the above.

Westy

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

dingerbell82

Clanker
In regards to the phase 1 training over the 11 weekends. Is there a test to pass at the the end of phase 1 or is they're a number of tests to pass throughout the course, if there is a pass or fail test at the end where is this held ?

Also, which military training centres do Ccoy, Hebburn hold they're training weekends at please ?

The_Duke

LE
In regards to the phase 1 training over the 11 weekends. Is there a test to pass at the the end of phase 1 or is they're a number of tests to pass throughout the course, if there is a pass or fail test at the end where is this held ?

Also, which military training centres do Ccoy, Hebburn hold they're training weekends at please ?
You are assessed throughout. If you fail to keep up with the pace of the training you may be back squadded, which means a 6 month wait for the next cadre to start.

Compulsory tests include the 8mile ACFT which will seem a doddle compared to the other tabs you will do, and shooting.

The location of your training weekends will vary, but Pudsey will be your Coy main location.

the_creature

War Hero
I'm curious, how does 4 para work for NCOs from the infantry who transfer in? Are they loaded onto the same cadres as someone who has just joined?

The_Duke

LE
I'm curious, how does 4 para work for NCOs from the infantry who transfer in? Are they loaded onto the same cadres as someone who has just joined?
As a trained soldier, you do not need to do the Phase 1 element of the training and could in theory go straight to P Coy. The problem is that very, very, few of those who have tried to do this have ever passed.

Therefore, you will join a cadre part way through to work on your fitness, and also to get to know the others on your cadre. You are there for the fitness, but most just get stuck into all of the training as a refresher/fitting in sort of thing. The day one guys go to Catterick for CIC, you join them again for the last 4days of P Coy.

Latest Threads