How do you value deer antlers?

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by Feasted, Mar 25, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sorry if this is a dumb question and has been covered on here before, I have searched but cannot find any relevant posts.
    I have a set of red deer antlers, mounted on a shield, they have 8 points and are rather good to look at.
    Questions are, how much could they be worth? Where do I sell them?
    I don't want to ask too much as to appear greedy, yet, don't want to ask too little and get mugged off.
    Is there a site someone knows of that gives the answer?
    Your help is appreciated in advance

2. They would have been much better to look at still on the head of the stag that owned them, alive of course.

3. You a Vegetqueerian?

4. How to value antlers?

Always say thank you and just be appreciative; treat them once in a while. Flowers are a nice touch, as is a surprise gift or a meal in a good restaurant.

If you are on a tight budget, just remember that a compliment always works wonders.

There you go chap. Hope it all works out swimmingly.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Wouldn't it rather depend upon the value of the vehicle they're embedded in?

6. The simple fact of life is that they are only worth what you can get for them, just like anything else is. If you can only get a quid, then they are only worth a quid. If you can get a grand, then they are worth a grand.

As for, "Are they worth it?" the simple fact of life here is; "Depends on wether you are buying or selling them...".

So it's really up to you to find a customer that will value them and pay you a good price. How much you can get depends on how much trouble you take over it, and how you present them. A good story of how they were won, and by whom, to add to the provenence can up the price a bit.

7. Thanks for all the replies, some even made I laugh, i did do some research however I thought i would ask here.
    There is alot of experence on here, just after free advice.
    Will post a pic if i can

8. Only if it is of tits.

9. Here ya go
    tits_1597927i.jpg
    Happy to help

• Like Like x 3
  10. THANK YOU!

Cloudbuster is rude and an ingrate.

• Like Like x 1
  11. cloudbuster is at work and has only just logged back on to register my thanks. Tit.

• Like Like x 1
  12. They are the nicest tits I've ever seen.

Should we start a thread about tits?

Nah, it'll never catch on.