How do you value deer antlers?

Sorry if this is a dumb question and has been covered on here before, I have searched but cannot find any relevant posts.
I have a set of red deer antlers, mounted on a shield, they have 8 points and are rather good to look at.
Questions are, how much could they be worth? Where do I sell them?
I don't want to ask too much as to appear greedy, yet, don't want to ask too little and get mugged off.
Is there a site someone knows of that gives the answer?
Your help is appreciated in advance

They would have been much better to look at still on the head of the stag that owned them, alive of course.

How to value antlers?

Always say thank you and just be appreciative; treat them once in a while. Flowers are a nice touch, as is a surprise gift or a meal in a good restaurant.

If you are on a tight budget, just remember that a compliment always works wonders.

There you go chap. Hope it all works out swimmingly.

The simple fact of life is that they are only worth what you can get for them, just like anything else is. If you can only get a quid, then they are only worth a quid. If you can get a grand, then they are worth a grand.

As for, "Are they worth it?" the simple fact of life here is; "Depends on wether you are buying or selling them...".

So it's really up to you to find a customer that will value them and pay you a good price. How much you can get depends on how much trouble you take over it, and how you present them. A good story of how they were won, and by whom, to add to the provenence can up the price a bit.

Thanks for all the replies, some even made I laugh, i did do some research however I thought i would ask here.
There is alot of experence on here, just after free advice.
Will post a pic if i can

One can add value to antlers by putting gold leaf on them. Not only does this add value to them, but it makes them shiny.....and we all like shiny things.

Surely the OP has answered his own question, as the value is not cheap but deer !

Finally worked it out
ImageUploadedByARRSE1332715512.769277.jpg
72cm across the widest place.

To be honest, they have little value to anyone who didn't slot the deer, unless you can flog them to a deer hunter walt.
Are you calling Walt on Robert De Niro and Christopher Walken?

I've seen that film and they were definitely in it. Starring roles if I recall.

Not sure if they'd be interested in some old head sticks though.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Flyingrockdj RAC 0
J The Intelligence Cell 27
S REME 23