How do you use a Boiling vessel in a landrover / other vehs

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by evo7scotsman, Jun 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know how to make / buy / find a plug or way of using a BV in a vehicle without the correct plug?

Would you need a transformer or something?

I remember replacing loads of units that the Boiling Vessel plugged into in BV206's, would I need one?
  2. If memory serves me right - it's been a few years, we used to wire them to the sig btys in the back. Can't remember how though :oops:
  3. as far as i know there are about 4 or 5 wires, cant really work out how it would work, also dont actually have one to test with yet!
  4. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Doesn't work on 24 rather than 12v? Not at all certain, just a niggling memory!
  5. Speak to some one in the LAD I'm sure they will oblige in exchange for a couple of beers.
  6. one of my lot them, lol
  7. I thought BVs were only used on 24v vehs. We used them on the 432 series wagons. The only other veh I saw them in was a "Recker" (I'm not saying they aren't used on other wagons). I would say you need a techey or electrical geek to pin out the cables with a mutimeter to see whats what.
  8. Correct, that's why I said we connected it to the signal btys in the back. I'm sure they were modded to fit, by some REME tech for a couple of beers :wink:
  9. Just to add to Recce19's comments, I thought all FFR rovers were 24V anyways.
  10. Seen In an FFR, surely easiest thing to do is dig out the part numbers from the relevant AESP????
  11. When I was in, thez were never on official issue for FFR's, only for tracked vehicles and Stolly's. This may have changed since then though.
  12. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Can be -depends how you wire the batts up... :wink:
  13. Never came across an FFR that wasn't 24v. However, I have seen 12v GS fitted with radios :wink:
  14. Believe BV's may be an authorised mod for command vehicles, rank has its priveledges and all that :roll: Anyone know any different or more info?

Also seen them fitted to fodens
  15. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

What about an old LR Disco though???