How do you stop the b#stards listening.

As above,
Samsung/ Android/ Ulefone.
'The lad' was whaffling on about last summer bbq's last night, I made a throwaway comment re.
"It's probably as good a time to be looking for a new gas burner"...

While perusing Arrse this morning, what's the first feckin ad that pops up in the banner!

He's always moaned about stuff like this on his Samsung, but I've never (knowingly) been afflicted.
I've just had to buy a new indestructible ulefone, after destroying the last one.
It was fine, this one's to running Android 10, only difference.
I've not got Google Assistant on or any of those listening devices round the place.
It's either his phone or mine listening in.
ETA.
I'm on a VPN if that makes any difference, he's not.

How do I keep the buggers at bay?

Wrap your head in tin foil.

Make it air-tight, just to make sure they really can't hear you.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
I always try shouting 'it's time to kill Tony Blair' at the phone.

Usually when I'm not in a call, and so far I've not had any help from my phone. There is a black van outside my house a lot though

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
remove the microphone from your telephone

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
with a hammer

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
while you hold the phone against your head

As above,
Samsung/ Android/ Ulefone.
'The lad' was whaffling on about last summer bbq's last night, I made a throwaway comment re.
"It's probably as good a time to be looking for a new gas burner"...

While perusing Arrse this morning, what's the first feckin ad that pops up in the banner!

He's always moaned about stuff like this on his Samsung, but I've never (knowingly) been afflicted.
I've just had to buy a new indestructible ulefone, after destroying the last one.
It was fine, this one's to running Android 10, only difference.
I've not got Google Assistant on or any of those listening devices round the place.
It's either his phone or mine listening in.
ETA.
I'm on a VPN if that makes any difference, he's not.

How do I keep the buggers at bay?

That’s nothing, I get adverts for shoes.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
... to the hole?

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
On a more serious note, Samsung phones are loaded with spyware as is Win10.

I have adblockers installed on all my web browsers & all computers.

Must admit that I've not had any particular problems with adverts on the iphone SE 2020 with latest version of operating system.

I always try shouting 'it's time to kill Tony Blair' at the phone.

Usually when I'm not in a call, and so far I've not had any help from my phone. There is a black van outside my house a lot though

Capture.PNG

Be quick Evelyn, that loon on arrse is at it again.

[/QUOTE]
I probably say naughty things about some of our fellow
Is it to early to ask if the thread is going.......................................?
I was actually about to post that.

But then of course you lot ( and the Chinks/ Yanks/ Koreans/ Ruskies and Iranians,) already probably knew!

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Not in my day, didn't exist. ( During the war...." Shut up uncle Albert"
Scaleys were always shit at Batco, having inflicted it on us. Cnuts. Regardless of how shite and heavy Bowman is, at least those stupid fcuking green slidex decoder folders to put your daily sheet into have died the death.

Young squaddies today, they don't know they're born, harrumph, 58 webbing, puttees, crisp-packet waterproofs,...zzzzzzzz.

Yokel

LE
Wrap your head in tin foil.

Make it air-tight, just to make sure they really can't hear you.

Good to see that you still remember what you learnt on SEMC... Although you missed to opportunity to say 'Faraday Cage'.

On a more serious note, Samsung phones are loaded with spyware as is Win10.

I have adblockers installed on all my web browsers & all computers.

Must admit that I've not had any particular problems with adverts on the iphone SE 2020 with latest version of operating system.

Are you just a bit paranoid? Is there any reason to think this was anything other than a coincidence?

Do you encode everything with a one time pad? You could always swap words over to confuse any advertisers or anyone - calling a barbeque a cheesecake and vice versa perhaps, or swap tomorrow for yesterday? That will confuse everyone.

My pigeon barks at night......

I'll just go back to spouting my general unbridled racism, political bias and my anachronistic countryside ways...

If all I've to fear is Jihadi Packham and some tech savvy Weber Salesmen wanting a grand and a half to replace my
45 gal oil drum with a lump of wirenetting stretched across it...

I'll take me chances!