How do you guys compare to the infantry

Discussion in 'RAC' started by SteveyG, May 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm going to either join Infantry or Tanks. Wot do u suggest? Wots the main things dat r different in the tankies than in the infantry. Wot do u mainly do different on day 2 day basis.

Wots the most dangerous job?

2. There is no comparison mate, its apples and oranges. Infantry KNOW they're better than tankies, while tankies KNOW they're better than infantry.

Be nice if you could have actually posted a thread rather than just the headline though :D :D

3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

One is hard as nails, goes really quickly, is deadly and has an unfeasably large cannon. The other is a tank.

4. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

May have been a grunt who has not worked that one out yet or one of us getting back from the pub early pushing the wrong button :wink:

5. What do you mean?

6. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

An infantryman carries his weapon into battle. An RAC crewman is carried into battle BY his weapon.

(Rereading this before hitting the Submit button, I have an image akin to being picked up by the fuzz and swung around by the t1ts.)

7. Hmm,
    on a few exercises in Poland and Canada the infantry distinguished themselves by getting lost, getting bogged in,getting lost and bogged in, going through (or trying to go through) dried lake beds,being parked up with winkie wankies going after they'd been killed (yet again) etc etc etc.
    Certainly that seemed to happen a lot more to them than QRL (did 4 1/2 years with them) or 2 RTR (2 years)
    And the big gun?, I'm figuring you're referring to that tiddly little broomstick you have on your Worriers.......
    Don't matter how big it is if you're in the wrong place or bogged in!!
    :D Oh sometimes I kill myself. Just remember, I didn't start it LOL I originally said there was no comparison :D
    I detect flames already.....

8. And wot do AA members do?

hahahahah, im only jokin. bet uv never herd dat 1 eh????

Who sees the most action on the field. RAC or Infantry? Who gets used the most and wot job is the most fun?

9. HA HA HA HA HA HADEDY FECKIN HA!!!! OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

Are we really being serious?? :? Oh all right then.....................Tanks were invented 'cos the infanteers couldn't handle it!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

10. Infantry hold ground, Tankies take ground. Tankies all the way huah!!

11. R Tanks used in every war? Which is the hardest regiment of tanks?

Do u have a regiment like the paras who reckjon they r da best at everything?

12. What's the difference between a hedgehog and a 'Warrior'........................................the pricks are on the inside!!! :lol:

13. They're all hard mate........basically they consist of steel with a few variants of composite etc.
    The only units I ever knew who thought they were harder/better than the others normally came from the ranks of Blanket stackers, cooks and bottle washering REMFs!! RLC today I think! Pioneers thought they were pretty hip too!!!!
    Paras? - face it, who in their right mind jumps from a serviceable aircraft which, having dropped it's load of....well, whatever they are, returns to it's airfield and lands!!!
    I'm starting to believe that your avatar says pretty much everything......Cheech!!!!! :roll:

14. U dont rate the paras then?

15. While someones brought up the subject of Inf Vs RAC, couple of questions.

Do you lot have a peace-support role (beyond being ready incase it goes tits up)? Do you ever get involved in dismounted patrols and stuff?