How do you find an FTRS post

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by shepherd, Aug 25, 2002.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Spot the new girlie, I hope I get this right because I am sure I won't live it down if I don't!! :-[

I am AMS TA and would like to know what is the best way of going about finding an FTRS posting. Besides the obvious of
    a) speaking to my unit PSI, who just hands me a very large folder of spreadsheets in "Army" speak - I have a degree and I still don't understand half of the army speak (big hint for potential replies - please keep it simple  ???)
    b) searching the internet. Unfortunately my LSN appears to be as scarce as hens teeth.

Would appreciate any assistance you can offer.

Ta

2. Pretty straight forward, you could plough through the files given to you by the PSI which will have all posts that require filling (usually for Ops though), else get an interview with your Adjutant who will be able to speak to MCM Div direct to find out if there are any posts dependent on Rank and availability.  Unfortunately it really does depend on your rank and trade as to wether or not any posts are available.

3. You can try ringing the FTRS Helpline on 0800 028 5533 or the FTRS In-Service Wing at the Army Personnel Centre on 0141 224 8752.

If you are commissioned then a quick call to your Adjt wouldn't go amiss...otherwise a bit of legwork around the system by yourself helps enormously!

4. Dont bother looking for a post the way things are going,  one will find you quite soon.

5. I know that, I'd like to have a rough idea of what my role is exactly before the funny brown stuff hits the fan though.

Although on-the-job training is supposed to be popular these days I hear  :eek:

6. YOUR ROLE WILL BE NOTHING LIKE THE JOB UR DOING NOW. EXPECT THE STORY YOU GET TO CHANGE DAY BY DAY AND HOUR BY HOUR, THEN BE TOTALY DIFFERENT WHEN YOU GET THERE. HOPE IM NOT PUTTING YOU OFF COS SOME OF THE POSTINGS ARE WELL WORTH DOING.

7. Some are sh*t and they are the ones they offer first. Look out for the watchkeeper in the Falklands with a no finish date.

8. AT LEAST THAT POST WILL STOP YOU HAVING TO PLAY SANDCASTLES WHEN GENRILISIMO BLAIR ORDERS WHATS LEFT OF THE ARMY EAST.

9. I wouldn't worry about the website or going to the FTRS desk as to stay with your cap badge the Regular MCM Div desk officer will post you and as they look after the Regular's first you won't get the posting you want!!  :(