How Do You Eat Yours

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by HHH, Apr 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. HHH

HHH LE

2. Not guilty m'lud! *looks shifty, sweating nervously* Ok Ok you broke me, it was me, I had a weird craving! I didn't think it was that weird, in Scotland they eat battered Mars Bars ffs!

I'm curious now. Dinner tonight is already sorted, but might go a wander in search of these tiny heart attacks tomorrow just out of curiosity. I think this is not new though, pretty sure these were on sale last year!
  3. HHH

HHH LE

I'm going up to the North Coast on Sat,I'll maybe make a slight detour just to check they're up to standard!!!
    If I see someone outside the chippy stuffing their face with them I'll know who it is, there is no need to wear your Arrse T-Shirt Boozy!!
  4. I wonder if it's possible to deep fry dulse and/or yellow man? could be interesting! (dear GBers, I'm not being racist, yellow man, that's what it's called and it's kinda like honeycomb)

You'll know it's me simply by asking me to read something... I'm the only person for miles around who is literate!
  5. HHH

HHH LE

And FAT after a feed of the eggs :)

Dulce eeuugghhhh, now yellow man is a jaw breaker but worth it.
  6. HHH

HHH LE

Just remembered, how would I understand you, you all talk like Jonjo 1 & Jonjo 2 McDowell, up there!!
  7. Hey I'm pretty much twiggy compared to some of the specimens cutting about here - what do you expect for an area that contains nothing but pubs and takeaways and cafes and bakeries! there is a woman kickin about who is so lardy her knees hit her tummy.

Dulse is lovely, an acquired taste granted but if you like ready salted crisps its near enough the same taste just a bit chewier. Could eat dulse all day long, guinness though, that truly is bokey!
  8. I have 2 accents because I went to posh school, so I did! Because I passed an exam, so I did.

One is unintelligible to sammies from city areas, the other is perfect Edinburgh... I bet you sound like Jim McDonald! so you do!

Deep Fried Cheese and Onion Tayto. :)
  9. HHH

HHH LE

That's sacrilege,any more of that and you be getting a visit from the boys, to do your kneecaps. Tayto Cheese & Onion are the food of the Gods,the only addition they need is a round of white plain bread!!
  10. If you go far enough back, certain people would try to tell you, the British used it to ethnically cleanse Ireland of the native gingers.

But seriously deep fried Creme Eggs, **** sake their stinking just as Creme Eggs.
  11. I heard about this on the radio last week,and the report said it started in of all places England!!!!!!! Yes I know it's hard to believe!!
    Nothing beats a good fried or toasted soda,with sausage,egg,bacon and brown sauce,(if your really peckish add a slice of fried potato bread).

12. But why? I am a spritely young thing yet and my kneecaps won't give way for another 40 years at least so I don't need them 'done' but cheers for the offer there, very kind :) :winkrazz:

Euh no, I don't understand these folk that put crisps in bread. the only person I know that does that is my Ma and that's forgiveable as she's a culchie and eats all sorts of weird country shit anyway!

I can imagine batter actually tasting quite nice on tayto! I might have a go some day.

I'm loving that the whole drop off and pick up point at the city airport is now sponsored by tayto cheese and onion and theres even special tayto vending machines! First thing you do when you get off the plane is buy f*ckloads of the stuff :)

countymounty yes apparently from my investigations the owner of this takeaway ripped the idea off from a story about a place in England doing it first, and is now letting on like it was his own idea anyway. After a few more investigations I'm not actually sure I want to give the bloke any business by going and buying one of these creme eggs, allegedly he's a bit of a tool! So I may just go to my regular chipper and ask them to make me one in return for a small fee or donation to charity.
  13. HHH

HHH LE

Tatyo crisps, soda & wheaten farls & potato bread are probably the commonest things people living away, ask for, or take back with them after a visit,
  14. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

I used to travel with a ready to cook fry for six, with cheese and onion as dessert. And as always when Merseysides finest went through the bag they got the same answer. 'It's the only decent feed anyone's going to get for the next three months'
    But deep fried creme eggs...........................?
  15. HHH

HHH LE

Yea, the look on some of the security faces, when they opened up the tinfoil wrapped "suspious package" to find loads of funny looking bread,and then trying to explain what a farl was or potato bread was,they just didn't get it!