How do you demand good service without sounding like a c0ck?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Ace_Rimmer, Nov 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know it's very British to never complain about anything (to the person you are complaining about!) but there comes a point when you can't take any more!!

Take today for instance. It being Friday, we have our usual round of Bacon butties from a local cafe. Only for the third time in 4 weeks, they've tasted crap. Do we complain? No.. will we go back next week? Probably.

Then I go for a hair cut (which is very rare as I normally shave my head myself as I don't trust them to get it right) which the silly tart fecks up!! Of course I don't notice until I get back to work.

I'm fuming but I'm too God damn proper to go and actually complain!

So what the hell should I do about it! I mean, should we as a nation accept this kind of general malaise in the service industry??

Other things that get my goat:

O2 always bill me incorrectly.
    On the rare occasion I have to go to McDonalds, they invariably get the order wrong.
    The garage always seems to find something wrong with the car.
    The dentist always seems to find something wrong with my teeth (could be the McDonalds though)

And it goes on...

Never mind high fuel, credit crunch, terrorism, immigration etc. I WANT DECENT SERVICE!!!

or am I whining like a doris with sand in her vag?

2. Maybe it's because you're a spanker, and no-one likes you?

3. The key has to be in ensuring you get good service in the first instance so you don't have to complain about it. Oh, hang on, that's what Smudge said.

4. So you're a fat lard arse with bad teeth and a sh1t car?!

5. Can't you get the food from somewhere else?

6. Mum? Is that you?

7. Bowmore_Assassin

Bowmore_Assassin LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Man up and complain. British reserve and silence about s*it service is pish. Complain. and make it loud.

8. Yeah - he could go to the Ritz :roll:

9. Bowmore_Assassin

Man up and complain. British reserve and silence about s*it service is pish. Complain. and make it loud. And then don't use them anymore - why waste your money on poor quality ? If complaining at the time does not work, write a letter and keep writing until you get tha response/apology, recompense. The other side of the coin is thanking those who provide a good sevice and meaning it.

10. Now look you!! I came here to get a torrent of abuse to distract me form the fact that I work in a sh1tty little, inbred, pointless, gene-swamp deprived, crap hole of a town. Not to get sensible advice from the likes of you :wink:

11. Bowmore_Assassin

Further to my last, I do find some Basil Fawltyesque type behaviour when complaining generally has an effect and brings managers running to sort the problem ! :D

12. Actually, the problem I've got is that I assume that people have tried their best and simply failed to deliver -rather than simply doing something in as quick and haphazard fashion as possible to make a couple quid out of muggins - ergo, when they do fvck up, to chastise them for it feels like walloping a mong with a stick, when they drop their ice-cream or pop their laboon..

13. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

So what's the problem?

14. Yes it is. Now come away from that computer ... your Pot Noodle is getting cold and your colostomy bag needs changing. Then you need to rub mommas pile cream in.

15. change your first name to lord and you will get great service when booking tables ,tickets ect. Some uni student did it as part of his course ,worked well and your not lying so they cant complian