How do you deal with bullies?

Ciggie

On ROPS
On ROPs
I don't need advice, dealt with so many over the years. The ones still alive are unquestionably changed and improved people, I have still not got a decent answer from any about why they started and why they wanted to continue until we met. Any stories about dealing with bullies ? Ah, nevr happens to educated folk in places like the military eh ;)

cowgoesmoo

Old-Salt
When I was a sprog I worked for an ops manager who was a real nasty, vicious piece of work and tried to bully me and the other apprentices into quiting as he didn't agree with companies employing apprentices during a recession but got overruled by the MD. Just took it, kept my head down and hoped karma would strike. How I laughed when I read in the news a few years later he got a lengthy spell for historical sex offences.

Daz

LE
Thread ban still ongoing then

I don't need advice, dealt with so many over the years. The ones still alive are unquestionably changed and improved people, I have still not got a decent answer from any about why they started and why they wanted to continue until we met. Any stories about dealing with bullies ? Ah, nevr happens to educated folk in places like the military eh ;)

You could hire someone to take care of the bullies for you?
This chap was good!

F483E541-D9C3-4129-9586-2658E479AB34.jpeg

Chef

LE
When I was a sprog I worked for an ops manager who was a real nasty, vicious piece of work and tried to bully me and the other apprentices into quiting as he didn't agree with companies employing apprentices during a recession but got overruled by the MD. Just took it, kept my head down and hoped karma would strike. How I laughed when I read in the news a few years later he got a lengthy spell for historical sex offences.
Karma sometimes pays up the jackpot.

In my O-Level years there was a gang of PE teacher's favourites who used to throw their weight around. Nothing much happened to them and after O-Levels they left to seek 'work'

One got married shortly afterwards due to an unexpected pregnancy and the girl's dad being rather a stickler for doing the right thing.

One pranged his fizzy and lost a limb and an eye.

Both these bits of news I'm afraid amused me no end.

The best bit was getting onto my shiny new 550 and nodding to the mousey scrote parking his scabby little 125 and realising it was one of the gang and that they'd clocked who I was.

As for the original question I was lucky to be relatively gray at school so didn't attract the bully's interest.

At work I got along ok with people and in my main career was mostly on my own.

homeworker

War Hero
My lad got ‘bullied’ by a female PE teacher, nothing physical just loads of snidey/sarky comments about if you are not a sports person you will not get on. I saw her the other day, she is a fat knacker cadet Sgt instructor (she is actually an ex-navy PTI) whereas my lad is a barrister so I think I are karma is doing quite well there

My lad got ‘bullied’ by a female PE teacher, nothing physical just loads of snidey/sarky comments about if you are not a sports person you will not get on. I saw her the other day, she is a fat knacker cadet Sgt instructor (she is actually an ex-navy PTI) whereas my lad is a barrister so I think I are karma is doing quite well there

Karma is a wonderful thing.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
I had a problem with a bully at work, I just refused to back down, he tried all sorts of things to get me sacked
but I have always kept a diary and good records
towards the end of my time there, a team of window fitters where arriving to replace a damaged aluminum window, real big thing that was plastered in on both sides
I offered to sheet up the room, and move everything as it was a directors office who away on holiday, but bully who had wangled a posting as my boss said keep your nose out of it, they know what they are doing !!

how I laughed when at 4.15 on that Friday, his secretary arrived to find a bombsite , I finished at 4.30

she rang and asked me to help, could not say no as she really was a nice lady, I mentioned my boss and his previous comments, oh its ok I have spoken to the chairman, you are on double time till you finish, and he will speak to the gopher

yay
and if he turns up just tell him to ring the Chairman yay even better

I got on and cleaned the place up, skimmed the walls around the window
and found a pile of letters with my name on them
so I read them
this bloke unable to physically bully me any more was telling tales about myself, and many many other staff
so I fired them all into the big copier with orders to make 10 copies and staple them

I took them all home that night
Director was very pleased when he found out about how late I worked ( and saw the pictures)

much much later after I was made redundant, I dropped in unannounced to see my mate camp Freddy , and put each one in an envelope with the names of the people concerned and nipped in and dropped them in the pigeonholes
the postie bird took them all round last thing Friday, when the majority of staff were away
Monday morning many questions being asked
many many questions
it seems the director had just filed them away, but had not spoken to any one about it ( as he promoted the muppet)
he left very shortly after

I saw him last week and stuck two fingers up

bullies always have other issues. and they all have an achilles heel, and are often vain

Only ever had a problem once when I first joined my battalion.

Quickly realising that it would just continue if I did nothing, I confronted the guy and told him that if all else failed, a bed end buried in his head when he was asleep would resolve my problem quite satisfactorily as far as I was concerned.

He took it seriously enough that a few months later, he transferred from the rifle company to the MT section.

Most bullies are gutless when they realise there is a real threat to their good health if they continue.

Ciggie

On ROPS
On ROPs
Bullies at work....my first job was as a salesman at Currys, before it was taken over by Dixons and was still a family-owned company...even met Terry Curry, who visited every one of their 500 shops to be frie4ndly with staff. The assistant manager left and was replaced by a bloke called Robin. Ex midlands post office 'owner' and full of himself. One day when the manager was on holiday he was laying into the secretary for no good reason, so I told him to leave her alone and that he was a twat. When the manager came back the **** had cliped. Me and the manager always got on very well, him being a Londoner too, but he told me I had to apologise to Robin. I went up to him and said ' Doug has told me I have to apologise for calling you a twat ( strong spoken underlining on that word ;) ) so I'm sorry . ( Sincerity absolutely sub-zero.). He said If you call me that again I'll deck you. The word was nearly on my lips, and I was ready to kick the **** out of him there and then but I needed the job and the money so I let it go.

A few weeks later I came in in the morning, went out the back to have a fag in the well where the stairs leading up to the flat roof and the paved area across it to the front building which was used for storage. Robinn came out and told me to go up and switch the gas boiler on. I said I would when I'd finished my fag, but he said, you can smoke it while you're up there. I got to the fire door of the front building and threw my fag away before unlocking the door...to be hit by a wall of gas fumes. I tried to get to the boiler and switch the gas off but couldn't because of the fumes. In the end, the gas people got called out...seems not to have been a natural leak. I am sure Robin caused that and was expecting to see me blown sky high, the ****. Ironically by the time I left we were mates and he even paid me to paint the shop signin the store he bought in Borth. People, eh ?

Ciggie

On ROPS
On ROPs
School bullies...a senior at boarding school was a right bullying twat, but playing indoor hockey one evening I was chasing him down the wall and deliberately clipped his heel with my stick, causing him to impact the wall hard enough to break his nose. The ****** thought it was a genuine accident !!!! :)

Chef

LE
Bullies at work....my first job was as a salesman at Currys, before it was taken over by Dixons and was still a family-owned company...even met Terry Curry, who visited every one of their 500 shops to be frie4ndly with staff. The assistant manager left and was replaced by a bloke called Robin. Ex midlands post office 'owner' and full of himself. One day when the manager was on holiday he was laying into the secretary for no good reason, so I told him to leave her alone and that he was a twat. When the manager came back the **** had cliped. Me and the manager always got on very well, him being a Londoner too, but he told me I had to apologise to Robin. I went up to him and said ' Doug has told me I have to apologise for calling you a twat ( strong spoken underlining on that word ;) ) so I'm sorry . ( Sincerity absolutely sub-zero.). He said If you call me that again I'll deck you. The word was nearly on my lips, and I was ready to kick the **** out of him there and then but I needed the job and the money so I let it go.

A few weeks later I came in in the morning, went out the back to have a fag in the well where the stairs leading up to the flat roof and the paved area across it to the front building which was used for storage. Robinn came out and told me to go up and switch the gas boiler on. I said I would when I'd finished my fag, but he said, you can smoke it while you're up there. I got to the fire door of the front building and threw my fag away before unlocking the door...to be hit by a wall of gas fumes. I tried to get to the boiler and switch the gas off but couldn't because of the fumes. In the end, the gas people got called out...seems not to have been a natural leak. I am sure Robin caused that and was expecting to see me blown sky high, the ****. Ironically by the time I left we were mates and he even paid me to paint the shop signin the store he bought in Borth. People, eh ?
If I'd bought a shop in Borth I'd want all the friends I could lay my hands on too.

tpr0327

Clanker
Take a grenade from their bandolier when they're not looking and hide it.

Make sure it's on a tour where every single round is counted in and out.

You know who you are you ****, and the beasting and subsequent formal shafting you got kept me rock hard for weeks.

Back in the early sixties, at secondary school, i was a 4ft 6in skinny runt, and a natural target to two very psychotic nasty pieces of work called, Hollingsworth & Bull, these two evil shits were the year bullies, and i was one of their targets. Fast forward many many years. Out and about with my old school mates, and the "good old school days " chat surfaces, we talk of this chap and that bloke, and one of the lads says" Heard about Bull and Hollingsworth, both behind bars, GBH and thieving " ..... :p

tpr0327

Clanker
Back in the early sixties, at secondary school, i was a 4ft 6in skinny runt, and a natural target to two very psychotic nasty pieces of work called, Hollingsworth & Bull, these two evil shits were the year bullies, and i was one of their targets. Fast forward many many years. Out and about with my old school mates, and the "good old school days " chat surfaces, we talk of this chap and that bloke, and one of the lads says" Heard about Bull and Hollingsworth, both behind bars, GBH and thieving " ..... :p

Sounds like a competitor to Holland & Barrett!

While off sick with stress, my boss, the finance director, saw fit to send me a written warning, outlining all the bad things I had done. I had approached her with my misgivings about all these problems beforehand, and kept records.

When the warning arrived, boh my wife & my doctor were appalled, I was elated, because it meant I never had to go back.

My resignation letter spelt out all her failings in a calm manner, with documentary evidence. I mentioned that I would continue with my studies giving me qualifications that would be very advantageous to the company. I knew she was away & I also knew the owner of the business would open every letter, even a birthday card, that he could get his hands on on before the mail room distributed them.

Apparently, the first she saw of the letter was in the boardroom. She didn't last a week and fucked off back to SA within the year.

Latest Threads