Builds How do you build your model?

What sort of model-maker are you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Do figures or Braille scale. Or both! I live in a two bed bungalow with my work bench tucked into one corner of the sitting room, and my models in the other. I'm happily divorced though so I don't have to fight anyone for space. Just my son who mainly infests his bedroom, or occasionally the sofa.

View attachment 386168 View attachment 386169
A real desk...luxury ;)

Do figures or Braille scale. Or both! I live in a two bed bungalow with my work bench tucked into one corner of the sitting room, and my models in the other. I'm happily divorced though so I don't have to fight anyone for space. Just my son who mainly infests his bedroom, or occasionally the sofa.

View attachment 386168 View attachment 386169
Top pic, perfection, tired dog at your feet, log fire, neat and tidy modelling area, what could be better?

like it that you said son infests his bedroom, good description of my own son's room, smells like a Hamsters cage.

I would like to start again, but we live in a small two room council house. We really don't have the room. Plus I'm having to act as the custodian to my fathers models for the time being.
you don't need that much space for a limited project, figures take up little space, some modellers work from a tea tray and produce amazing examples.

Top pic, perfection, tired dog at your feet, log fire, neat and tidy modelling area, what could be better?

like it that you said son infests his bedroom, good description of my own son's room, smells like a Hamsters cage.
Hahaha! That's what teenagers do ain't it? As for the hound, he's not tired, he's just bone idle. And he'd just been fed and I'd lit the fire.

I like the 1:1 scale dog. What make is it? ;-)

I like the 1:1 scale dog. What make is it? ;-)
A bloody good question which deserves an answer. That is Gnasher, a hound of noble but indeterminate ancestry consisting of many types of terrier. Probably all of them.

Last edited:
1, In our living room, we've got room for two cabinets. Both are full of her glass things and statues, none are to be removed/moved/orwhatever under threat of death. The models of Father's are in a cabinet but in the spare bedroom, so no one will be able to see 'em.
2. As for doing modeling in the living room:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:....... Got more chance of winning the lottery and having met the pope.

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I was tagged, don't worry I won't be hanging around.
Normal people scare me.
Not much chance of that here.... this is the Modelling Forum :)

Latest Threads