How do you bin a Soldier?

(PSI not available.)

Non-attender, does nothing for the Company, does not even reply to messages asking for contact.

How to bin them?

TIA

BB

Pob02

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Post them to Sigs Platoon. They will soon leave . . . . .

(PSI not available.)

Non-attender, does nothing for the Company, does not even reply to messages asking for contact.

How to bin them?

TIA

BB

Can you not just write to them, recorded delivery, and ask them to attend for an interview to discover why they no longer attend and to bring 1157 issue with them? If they fail to respond then write again to inform them you will be round to collect kit.

I am sure my Bn RQMS did this on a number of occasions.

Is it not that simple now?

Pob02

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Here's the winner.

A series of letters asking them to attend for interview or recommence training, getting progressively weighted towards "hand your kit in".
and then post them to Sigs Platoon . . ..

Z

Zarathustra

and then post them to Sigs Platoon . . ..
If a TA Signals Platoon is run along the same lines as a regular one then they are surely gods among men.

The Signals Platoon is the back bone of any Bn, admirals of the airwaves, viscounts of voltage, princes of power distribution and all round good blokes, or something like that.

Pob02

War Hero
Book Reviewer
If a TA Signals Platoon is run along the same lines as a regular one then they are surely gods among men.

The Signals Platoon is the back bone of any Bn, admirals of the airwaves, viscounts of voltage, princes of power distribution and all round good blokes, or something like that.
Well, yes this is true. However this one is short of manpower. This way if and when he turns up again teh platoon actually have some Rfn, and secondly if he remains pump then a certain CV Sjt will take great delight in making his life a living hell until he does leave properly . . . .

If the RMP rock up for a random CDT, you're out, mate.

Then again, some of the Sigs blokes are round...

Z

Zarathustra

If the RMP rock up for a random CDT, you're out, mate.

Then again, some of the Sigs blokes are round...
I either spent too long in the battery shop in my youth, or it was too much white noise from the 320, it's hard to tell.

Who need's to run a 9 minute PFA when you can just get on the net and task a rifle coy?

Thanks gents.

Will button-hole PSAO, offering my services.

The_Duke

LE
This is very much the business of the PSAO, and he should be routinely culling non attenders......

Unless of course there is pressure being applied to keep the numbers looking good?

Its simple. He'll no doubt be an idle fecker that wants to big himself up and so you write a nice polite letter, or perhaps a phone call, stating that the unit is about to receive MTP and that he must bring himself in for re-measuring and swapping of old kit. Once he's in the door take his kit and bin him there and then.

Its simple. He'll no doubt be an idle fecker that wants to big himself up and so you write a nice polite letter, or perhaps a phone call, stating that the unit is about to receive MTP and that he must bring himself in for re-measuring and swapping of old kit. Once he's in the door take his kit and bin him there and then.
Do the uninterested TA bods fall for that MTP dangle the carrot still?

As for Backbone, everyone knows its the QM's....

@ The Duke - I'm just being uncharacteristically proactive.

Numbers are very healthy, just under 50 on parade at my Loc last week, don't think our PSAO is in the "keep 'em on the books coz it makes me look good" game.

EV / Beemer - I think PCS was issued pre OP OLYMPIC to the soldier concened.

..and its Mortars, obviously.

The_Duke

LE
B_B

Still his business, so by all means highlight it but leave him to sort it out. There are procedures that must be followed to make sure there is no comeback from your casual labourer.