How do you bin a Soldier?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Bravo_Bravo, Oct 9, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. (PSI not available.)

Non-attender, does nothing for the Company, does not even reply to messages asking for contact.

How to bin them?

2. Pob02

Pob02 War Hero Book Reviewer

Post them to Sigs Platoon. They will soon leave . . . . .

3. Can you not just write to them, recorded delivery, and ask them to attend for an interview to discover why they no longer attend and to bring 1157 issue with them? If they fail to respond then write again to inform them you will be round to collect kit.

I am sure my Bn RQMS did this on a number of occasions.

Is it not that simple now?
  4. There is a set procedure of letters which is a pain in the arrse takes longer to bin a TA than a Reg
  5. The unit has to initiate an administrative discharge for non attender doesnt it ?
  6. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Here's the winner.

A series of letters asking them to attend for interview or recommence training, getting progressively weighted towards "hand your kit in".
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Pob02

and then post them to Sigs Platoon . . ..
    • Like Like x 2
  8. If a TA Signals Platoon is run along the same lines as a regular one then they are surely gods among men.

The Signals Platoon is the back bone of any Bn, admirals of the airwaves, viscounts of voltage, princes of power distribution and all round good blokes, or something like that.
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Pob02

Well, yes this is true. However this one is short of manpower. This way if and when he turns up again teh platoon actually have some Rfn, and secondly if he remains pump then a certain CV Sjt will take great delight in making his life a living hell until he does leave properly . . . .
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Surely this is what the PSAO is for ?
  11. If the RMP rock up for a random CDT, you're out, mate.

Then again, some of the Sigs blokes are round...
  12. I either spent too long in the battery shop in my youth, or it was too much white noise from the 320, it's hard to tell.

Who need's to run a 9 minute PFA when you can just get on the net and task a rifle coy?
    • Like Like x 5
  13. Just stop avoiding their attempts to contact you and hand your kit in.
    • Like Like x 7
  14. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thanks gents.

Will button-hole PSAO, offering my services.