Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do we get our country back?

Does that make the views he expressed any less valid or his cause any less just?

As for the general question - it is your country and your society so fight for it. Stand up for things like treating everyone fairly, do your best to be a good citizen and not a bystander, say no to identity politics, and act with integrity.
For me it seems to be a given that everybody is flawed, including those who are chosen as leaders. If I ever met anyone who was truly 'normal' and without imperfection, I would be mightily worried.

Move to New Zealand
The New Zealand that just re-elected Jacinda Ardern with a landslide victory and is heading on a pretty similar trajectory to the U.K. and during COVID created camps to lock up people while self isolating and threatened people who refused to isolate with ever longer periods locked up? Yeah! Huge improvement!

We‘ve looked at most of the usual suspect countries for emigrating to. They’re all heading the way we are. Canada under Trudeau, Australia, the US breaking itself apart. Give it a couple more decades or so and about the only place for legacy westerners to call home will be Poland, Hungary and the other Eastern European countries currently fighting against mass immigration. Maybe one day we’ll need to be refugees to Russia? Crazy world innit!

The New Zealand that just re-elected Jacinda Ardern with a landslide victory and is heading on a pretty similar trajectory to the U.K. and during COVID created camps to lock up people while self isolating and threatened people who refused to isolate with ever longer periods locked up? Yeah! Huge improvement!

We‘ve looked at most of the usual suspect countries for emigrating to. They’re all heading the way we are. Canada under Trudeau, Australia, the US breaking itself apart. Give it a couple more decades or so and about the only place for legacy westerners to call home will be Poland, Hungary and the other Eastern European countries currently fighting against mass immigration. Maybe one day we’ll need to be refugees to Russia? Crazy world innit!
Exactly. If the wokies get their way they are in for a disappointment. They won't get the utopia they were expecting. Far from it.

Does that make the views he expressed any less valid or his cause any less just?

As for the general question - it is your country and your society so fight for it. Stand up for things like treating everyone fairly, do your best to be a good citizen and not a bystander, say no to identity politics, and act with integrity.
Will my country let me take out the lowlifes of society? No, I would be imprisoned . The best thing for this country is to take out every drug dealer and their lines of supply. That is supposedly what we were doing in Afghanistan, but not allowed to here.

and during COVID created camps to lock up people while self isolating and threatened people who refused to isolate with ever longer periods locked up? Yeah! Huge improvement!
Sounds excellent. Fuckpumps who put a quick pint over the lives of their vulnerable neighbours ought to be given a sharp lesson in civic responsibility. Preferably one involving Size 10s and upward.

Rights never included the right to risk other people's lives for selfish convenience.

Mike Barton

On ROPS
On ROPs

I too am always gobsmacked by the number of conservative Brits who say "Ah maybe we should emigrate to New Zealand or Canada?"

Do they have some starry-eyed view of these countries that dates back to the 1950s or something? Lands full of hardy outdoorsmen, the sun-bronzed lion cubs of empire? Rounding up the sheep or farming the prairies in homesteads that have a picture of the young Queen Elizabeth over the hearth?

Do they not read the news?

Mike Barton

On ROPS
On ROPs
When all this was going on my Ancestors were 1. living in a hedge by a field 2. Living in squalor in the East End of London even though employed too poor to eat properly . you can shove the old England where the sun dont shine .
I used to work along with a young man, a lovely lad, very intelligent and very earnest about putting the world to rights. A graduate of SOAS and I would guess by his accent he had a private education in a good English school prior to that. Anyway, we were working in some God-forsaken steamy tropical former outpost of empire and as might be expected we discussed politics.

He had the usual leanings of his age and upbringing, how the world's wrongs needed to be righted and how this righting needed to start with the legacy of western and more specifically British former misdeeds. He would have put you in mind of one of these earnest young missionaries of a century or more ago, except trying to change the world and lighten the burden on the dusky races by going in precisely the opposite direction his antecedents would have gone.

Anyway he came around to the idea of reparations for slavery and empire, and he asked me in all sincerity would I not agree that no matter how hard some of our ancestors might have had it, every white British person today had benefited from empire and must pay out a small bit to put right the wrongs of the past.

God love him, perhaps he had never noticed my accent before, although how he could have missed it defeats me as it is thick enough. I told him my ancestors had lived and died on windswept rocky hillsides in Donegal and had a starvation diet of rotten potatoes so if he was keen on setting up a reparations fund I would be more than happy to join the queue with my hand out.

The poor lad was dumbstruck, it had never dawned on him that if reparations for empire were being paid out, a lot of very pink-faced, blue-eyed British people might be expecting their cut of the action.

I too am always gobsmacked by the number of conservative Brits who say "Ah maybe we should emigrate to New Zealand or Canada?"

Do they have some starry-eyed view of these countries that dates back to the 1950s or something? Lands full of hardy outdoorsmen, the sun-bronzed lion cubs of empire? Rounding up the sheep or farming the prairies in homesteads that have a picture of the young Queen Elizabeth over the hearth?

An Englishman can be very forgiving of a country where they have buttered scones for tea.

Will my country let me take out the lowlifes of society? No, I would be imprisoned . The best thing for this country is to take out every drug dealer and their lines of supply. That is supposedly what we were doing in Afghanistan, but not allowed to here.
Unfortunatly many of those Afghans you mentioned have probably made their way to the UK in a small inflatable boat or the back of a lorry and will continue their trade here.

It would be ironic wouldn't it if the Poles were winging about all the Brits coming to Poland and putting up house prices and taking their jobs.

Bradford etc

I'm not religious so not as bothered by this as some might be, but I dare say the police would have turned up a lot quicker had it been some far right types smashing a mosque up..

Latest Threads