How do Pensions for ex-rankers work?

Just after a spot of advice. Basically, I joined the Army in 1995, getting to Cpl before deciding that I wanted to go to Sandhurst. I commissioned in 2004 and am now approaching the end of my SSC. I'm trying to find out how my pension (if any) will be calculated.

After a lot of sucking in of air at the RAO's, I'm lead to believe I will either get:

a) The very small pension SSC officers get after 3 years.
b) A proportion of my soldier’s pension added to my small SSC pension.
c) The same pension I would have got after 13 years officer service.
d) Sod all.

The problem is, no-one with an AGC cap badge seems to know. So, mighty ARRSErs, I bow to your wisdom and knowledge.... Any help is gratefully received - as are job offers. :D

TCS

TheCheerfulSubbie said:
Just after a spot of advice. Basically, I joined the Army in 1995, getting to Cpl before deciding that I wanted to go to Sandhurst. I commissioned in 2004 and am now approaching the end of my SSC. I'm trying to find out how my pension (if any) will be calculated.

After a lot of sucking in of air at the RAO's, I'm lead to believe I will either get:

d) Sod all.

The problem is, no-one with an AGC cap badge seems to know. So, mighty ARRSErs, I bow to your wisdom and knowledge.... Any help is gratefully received - as are job offers. :D

TCS
I'll hazard a guess that, provided you remained on the 75 pension, you will receive 13 year's service at the highest rank you achieved, provided that was after the age of 21.

If you haven't served long enough (16 yrs) to earn an immediate pension, it will be paid at 60, I think.....?

Find a UNICOM terminal. That should still have the data on it.

Litotes

Litotes said:
TheCheerfulSubbie said:

d) Sod all.

TCS
I'll hazard a guess that, provided you remained on the 75 pension, you will receive 13 year's service at the highest rank you achieved, provided that was after the age of 21.

If you haven't served long enough (16 yrs) to earn an immediate pension, it will be paid at 60, I think.....?

Find a UNICOM terminal. That should still have the data on it.

Litotes
Do we still have them?

oldbaldy

LE
TheCheerfulSubbie said:

d) Sod all.

TCS
Officers may receive an immediate pension on discharge once they have completed 16 years’ reckonable service from the age of 21
If you leave the Army with insufficient service for an immediate pension, you are entitled to a ‘preserved pension’, provided that you have at least 2 years’ service (counting from the age of 21 for officers and 18 for soldiers). Preserved pensions are payable at the age of 60, or earlier in the event of permanent disablement. Gratuities are also paid at this time, again at the rate of three times the annual pension awarded.
In addition to a preserved pension, officers who complete at least 9 years’ service from the age of 21 and soldiers who complete at least 12 years’ service from age 18, receive a resettlement grant. Rates are held by your RAO staff
http://www.army.mod.uk/servingsoldier/condofserv/mm/pensions/ss_cos_mm_pay_pen_intro.html