How do I uninstall a wireless keyboard and mouse?

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by 4(T), Aug 30, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have a Hewlett Packard Pavilion desktop PC, equipped with an HP OEM wireless keyboard and mouse.

I want to switch to a standard wired keyboard and mouse.

Even if I remove the USB wireless dongle and switch off the wireless keyboard & mouse, the system (Win 7 Pro 64) does not plug-and-play any wired keyboard and mouse that are subsequently connected - its as if new "Human interface devices" are somehow blocked.

I can't identify any HP drivers or software specific to the wireless devices, and the HP forums don't seem to offer any information. Device Manger only shows a "HID-compliant consumer control device" and a number of "HID-compliant devices", so not sure what to try and delete.

I'm normally quite competent at sorting out driver and device issues, but this one has me stumped at the moment. Does anyone have experience of these HP OEM systems?
  2. Did you remove the old, plug in the new, then reboot?

3. Uninstall from device manager.

Start > left click 'my computer' > right click 'properties' > right click 'device manager'
  4. Oops....I remember years ago playing tricks on people by setting their BIOS to USB keyboard. It could only be changed back if a USB Keyboard was all the keyboards back the were PS/2 it was a bit of a problem :)

I`d take a look in the BIOS and see if you can change the setting there.