How do I stop my stable belt to curl?

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by Nightrained, Oct 21, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I wear it correctly, but as the day goes on, it begins to curl at the back.

Do you find this problem? Is it a case of being to big that this happens? is there any sneaky solution of how to fix the problem?

2. Take it out into the corridor and hose it down, (doing this early in the morning is usually best).

3. Stop eating the pie's :lol: :lol: :lol:

4. Haha, okay, you got me!

But please, this is a differant thread and I'm trying to stop having serious repercutions of my kit.

5. It happens wearing it with C95 kit. :x

You could try starching the back of it, iron it regularly, etc but generally you'll find most end up that way.

6. Starch it and then iron it!

Submitted same time as Fatbadges reply :oops:

7. FB seems great minds do think alike. :lol: :D :lol: :D :twisted:

8. Cant be wrong then!

I edited mine to include the 'but generally you'll find most end up that way' bit.. in case anyone wondered :? :D

9. I put mine there as a joke, just to see if anyone would bite. :twisted:

My stable belt curled from day one and it never bothered me. 8)

10. Put around 10 layers of black and nasty on the inside of the belt, just where it curls over. Works with my stable belt.

11. I was going to tell him to laquer the centre section at the back.. but thought against it. :oops:

That'd be bullying I guess..

12. Apparently its quite normal in gay communities.

13. It happens, just accept it. No amount of ironing or starching will combat it.

14. Nip down and pull your feet in to the Q Bloke. Ask him very nicely if you can sign out the company buttplug and a box of wetwipes.

Insert it first thing every morning and it will help you sit with a straight back throughout the day.

Problem solved.

15. Well it worked for you didn't it?

Mind you, you weren't doing it to sort a curled up belt out.