how do i send parcels to pirbright?

No idea where to post this, sorry!

How do i send parcels to my mate currently in phase 1 training at ATC Pirbright?
As a surprise, I was thinking of sending him stuff like food and accessories from Amazon. Does it go directly to him or do they check the contents and store it somewhere?

Thanks!

No idea where to post this, sorry!

How do i send parcels to my mate currently in phase 1 training at ATC Pirbright?
As a surprise, I was thinking of sending him stuff like food and accessories from Amazon. Does it go directly to him or do they check the contents and store it somewhere?

Thanks!
Interfering with the Royal Mail is still a criminal offence I believe

Slime

LE
No idea where to POST this, sorry!

Thanks!
My italics.

ISWYDT

Mail goes directly to the individual. It may be collected centrally by platoon and delivered at morning or evening parade, but mail is seen as a vital morale booster so is never delayed. I never forgot having mail delivered on a long exercise in Basic, so when I was at a Phase 1 establishment I always ensured that wherever possible letters were delivered on exercise - packets and parcels had to wait but we always told Pte Snooks he had something waiting for him.

P.S. they won’t tamper or open the parcels, but remember if you send him something that can have the pisss ripped out of it, it will be relentless (hint hint)

P.S. they won’t tamper or open the parcels, but remember if you send him something that can have the pisss ripped out of it, it will be relentless (hint hint)
Alternatively steal some of your sister's (used) underwear and send him that - he'll be treated as a God by the blokes (once they've all had a good sniff)

You definitely shouldn't put something like "another discreet delivery from the electric cock company' on the outside.

In big red letters.

The_Poltroon

Clanker
I was beasted to within an inch of my life by my troop Sgt in basic when someone I worked with at my last job before enlistment sent me a letter with my rank as 'Pte' instead of 'Dvr'

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I was beasted to within an inch of my life by my troop Sgt in basic when someone I worked with at my last job before enlistment sent me a letter with my rank as 'Pte' instead of 'Dvr'
Surely, Pte was correct, as until you have undertaken driver training, you classed in the trade of driver?

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Surely, Pte was correct, as until you have undertaken driver training, you classed in the trade of driver?
Until he makes Acting Lance Corporal, his pay statement will only ever say Pte.

Well, that's how it was 30 years ago.

It’s essential to write ‘chip‘ on all six sides of the outside wrapping. You might want to add ”swalk” as well. They’re officially recognised acronyms that tell the army the parcel sender is genuine.

It’s essential to write ‘chip‘ on all six sides of the outside wrapping. You might want to add ”swalk” as well. They’re officially recognised acronyms that tell the army the parcel sender is genuine.
Or SWALF as one guy at 20 Field Minden used to get.

Latest Threads